RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Computer engineeringEngineering › Electrical engineeringEngineering › Mechanical engineeringMathematics › Applied mathematics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/08/2021 12:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Porto
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERFEUP-BPD-SYSTEC1 - DinamyCity
1 Postdoctoral Research Grant
Call open for applications for a postdoctoral research grant within the framework of project DynamiCITY: Fostering Dynamic Adaptation of Smart Cities to Cope with Crises and Disruptions, with reference NORTE-01-0145-FEDER-000073, co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), through the North Portugal Regional Operational Programme (NORTE2020), under the PORTUGAL 2020 Partnership Agreement, under the following conditions:
Scientific Area: Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics or in related fields.
Admission requirements: Candidates who cumulatively meet the following requirements may apply for this grant:
- The doctorate degree has been obtained in the three years prior to the date of submission of the application for the scholarship;
- Post-doctoral research is carried out in a different host entity from the one where the research work that led to the attribution of a doctoral degree was carried out;
- Do not exceed, with this scholarship contract in question, including possible renewals, an accumulated period of three years in this type of scholarship, consecutive or interpolated.
- Hold a PhD degree in one of the following areas: Electrical and Computer Engineering, Informatics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics or in related fields. (If the qualification has been granted by a foreign higher education institution, it must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled until the act of hiring.) If the degree has been awarded by a foreign higher education institution, it must comply with the provisions of the Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of august 16th, and any formalities established there must be fulfilled until the time of signing the contract.
Activity Outline: The DINAMYCITY project is led by FEUP and involves the research units LIACC - Laboratory for Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science, CIITA - Research Center for Territory, Transport and Environment and SYSTEC - Research Center for Systems and Technologies, and consists of a laboratory collaborative and integrated virtual, based on multi-agent systems, to support research, innovation, and the development of ICT solutions for smart cities, with an emphasis on mobility systems. A holistic and multidisciplinary perspective explores AI techniques to improve the resilience and adaptability of cities in scenarios of large-scale disruptions and crises.
The researcher will be part of the R&D team of the project coordinated by Professor António Pedro Rodrigues Aguiar and will actively participate in the following activities:
A1 - Requirement analysis and architectural design
A2 - Data collection, fusion, and normalization
A3 - Modeling and evaluation approaches for sustainable, safe, equitable and responsible mobility
A4 - Data-driven and model-driven analytics
A5 - Multi-agent decision support system for disruption and crisis management
A6 - Dissemination and exploitation of the results
A7 - Coordination and project management
Legislation and regulations: Law Nº. 40/2004, of 18th August, in its current wording (Statutes of Scientific Research Fellow) and Regulation of Research Grants of Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, in force (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt) and Regulation of Research Grants of University of Porto.
Work place: The work will developed at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, of the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto (FEUP), under the scientific supervision of Professor António Pedro Rodrigues Aguiar.
Grant duration: Initial duration of 6 months, with starting date predicted to August 2021, on exclusive basis regime, eventually renewable up to the maximum of 3 years but not exceeding the end of the project.
Stipend: The grant stipend amounts to 1646,00€ according to the table of values of the grants awarded directly by FCT, I.P. in the Country https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores. The payment will be made by bank transfer.
Selection procedure: Candidates will be graded on a scale of 1 to 5 points. A curricular evaluation (60%) will be carried out, which will focus on the candidate's merit, in which the following factors will be considered:
Classification Curriculum Evaluation = (30%* AC1) +(70% * AC2)
- AC1 - Academic training:
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics or in related areas relevant to the project - 5 points;
- Other areas - [≥ 0 and < 5] points;
- AC2 – Quality of scientific publications and research experience:
- in the project area – [≥ 4 and ≤ 5] points;
- in areas related to the project – [≥ 2 and < 4] points;
- outside the project area – [≥ 0 and < 2] points;
After analyzing the submitted documentation, the Evaluation Panel will interview the 2 best classified in the curriculum evaluation, and candidates who obtain a score lower than 3 points will not be admitted to the interview.
In the interview (40%), topics related to the work plan, previous experience, motivation and the candidate's CV will be discussed, where the following will be verified:
Interview Classification = (60%* EC1) + (20% * EC2) + (20% * EC3)
E-C1 - Knowledge and motivation for the exercise of the function:
- Excellent knowledge and motivation – [≥ 4 and ≤ 5] points;
- Good knowledge and good motivation – [≥ 1 and < 4] points;
- Lack of knowledge or motivation – [≥ 0 and < 1] points
E-C2 - Attitude (evaluates the candidate's behavior in terms of ability to work in a team, ability to manage conflicts, capacity for persuasion, presentation and confidence)
- Excellent attitude – [≥ 4 and ≤ 5] points;
- Adequate attitude – [≥ 1 and < 4] points;
- Inappropriate attitude – [≥ 0 and < 1] points
E-C3 - Capacity of expression and verbal fluency in Portuguese and/or English (coherence and discursive clarity, vocabulary richness, ability to understand and interpret the questions asked).
- Very good ability to express, communicate or interpret – [≥ 4 and ≤ 5] points;
- Good expression, communication or interpretation skills – [≥ 1 and < 4] points;
- Difficulty in expressing, communicating or interpreting – [≥ 0 and < 1] points;
The final classification of the interviewed candidates will result from the sum of the classifications obtained in the Curriculum Assessment (AC) and Interview (E), giving each factor the weight of 60% and 40%, respectively:
Final Classification = (60%* AC) + (40% * E)
The right not to celebrate the scholarship is also reserved if the candidate with the best final classification does not obtain a classification equal to or greater than 4 points.
Effetive member: Prof. Doutor Fernando Manuel Ferreira Lobo Pereira
Effetive member: Prof. Doutor Fernando Arménio da Costa Castro e Fontes
Supplementary member: Prof. Doutora Maria Paula Macedo Rocha Malonek
Advertisement of final decision: The results of the evaluation will be released to the candidates by email to the email address indicated in the application process.
Deadline for applications and form of presentation of the applications:
The call is open from 23-07-2021 to 05-08-2021 (until 23:59 local time).
- Motivation Letter,
- Certificates evidencing academic degree (referring to the course average - of each cycle or integrated cycle - and classifications in the curricular units),
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae,
- Declaration on honour that the candidate fulfills the requirement contained in paragraph c) of the admission requirements (template below);
- other documents considered relevant by the applicant.
In order to ensure that all documents can be read, the preferred saving format is Portable Document Format (.pdf).
Declaration on honor
I, (identification of the fellow) , holder of the Citizen Card / Visa / Residence Permit no. (ID document number) , Valid until (date) , declare under honor, under the terms of paragraph e) of no. Research Grants from FCT, IP - Regulation no. 950/2019, of 16 December, which will not exceed, with the scholarship contract in question, including possible renewals, an accumulated period of three years in this type of scholarship, followed or interpolated.
Porto, ___ / ___ / _____
(Signature of Candidate)
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 667348
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.