ORGANISATION/COMPANYNational Institutes of Natural Sciences, National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Okinawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Description of the institution (year of establishment, capital amount, number of employees, etc.), details of the business, recruitment background information, project description, etc.]
NAOJ established Ishigakijima Astronomical Observatory in 2006. Since then it has been managed by a committee formed by 6 institutes: Ishigaki City, the Ishigaki City Education Committee, the Okinawa Prefecture Ishigaki Youth House, Specified Nonprofit Corporation Yaeyamahoshinokai, University of the Ryukyus, and NAOJ. Ishigakijima Astronomical Observatory engages in outreach activities including facility tours, the 4D2U Theater, and stargazing parties; educational activities in coordination with local colleges and high schools, etc.; and research activities realized through collaboration with Japanese and international researchers and research institutes.
[Job description (work / duties after recruitment, subject responsible for, etc.)]
In this position advertisement, we are seeking an Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) who understands the unique character of Ishigaikijima Astronomical Observatory and has the desire and ability to take responsibility for the management and operation of Ishigakijima Astronomical Observatory while ensuring its continued operation.
[Address of work location and other information]
Ishigaki City, Okinawa, Japan
[Available positions (job title, number of positions, etc.)]
Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer), one position
[Starting date, employment date, etc.]
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as reasonably possible after the job offer has been accepted. The term of contract is up to the end of the Japanese academic year in which the faculty reaches NAOJ's mandatory retirement age of 65. The probation period of six months is included.
(1) Work Type and Work Hours:
The Discretionary Labor System for Professional Work shall be applied.
(Standard work hours: 38.75 hrs/week, from 8:30 to 17:15 with an hour intermission)
Saturdays and Sundays, National Holidays, New Year holidays (December 29th - January 3rd),
Annual paid leave (20days: to be prorated for the first year), Summer holidays (3 days)
(3) Social Insurances:
MEXT Mutual Aid Association (health insurance), Employees' Pension Insurance, Employment Insurance, Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance
Salary: The amount of an annual salary shall be determined based on the school career and job experiences in accordance with the NINS regulations (NINS, or the National Institutes of Natural Sciences, is an executive institute that manages NAOJ). The payment will be made monthly in 12 equivalents.
Allowances: Dependent allowance, residential allowance, commutation allowance, and the other allowances will be paid when the requirements based on the NINS regulations are all filled. The equivalent of the term-end allowance and the diligence allowance shall be included in the annual salary.
Salary Increase: Once a year in accordance with the performance evaluation
Retirement Allowance: Shall be paid
(1) Candidates selected in the final short list may be interviewed by the selection committee either via internet or face-to-face. The expense for the interview will not be covered by NAOJ.
(2) NINS Employee Regulations shall be applied to this position.
(3) Smoking is prohibited on the premises excluding designated outdoor smoking areas.
(4) Policy for Equal Employment Opportunity: Abiding by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act for Men and Women, NAOJ is committed to the realization of a society with gender equality.
- If two candidates are deemed equal in their performance evaluation, NAOJ will take positive action to employ women.
- If you have taken a leave(s) such as for maternity, child care, and/or family care, please indicate it in your curriculum vitae. We will consider it when assessing your performance.
For further information about NAOJ's efforts to achieve gender equal society, see https://www2.nao.ac.jp/~open-info/danjokyodo/index.html
(5) Information submitted in your application documents will not be used for any purpose other than the selection process and for contacting you with necessary notices in connection with the selection. Once the selection process is complete, we will securely dispose of all application documents and personal information, except for those submitted by the successful candidate.
EURAXESS offer ID: 667148
Posting organisation offer ID: D121071446
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.