ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Academy of Sciences, The Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Innsbruck (IQOQI-IBK)
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Quantum mechanics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/08/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Innsbruck
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK30
Job ID: IQOQIIBK079DOC121
The Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Innsbruck (IQOQI-IBK) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria`s leading non-university research and science institution, dedicates its work to theoretical and experimental basic research in the areas of quantum science. IQOQI is pleased to invite applications for
2 PhD Student Positions (f*m)
(part-time, 30h per week)
in the IQOQI research group “Many-Body Quantum Optics”, led by Prof. Hannes Pichler.
- Work on theory of quantum optical many-body systems and their application for quantum information processing tasks.
- Writing scientific publications
- Tutor bachelor and master students
- Attendance of conferences and workshops
- Supporting the group in administrative tasks
- Master's degree in physics with excellent academic records
- Highly motivated student with strong interested in quantum science
- Strong background in quantum optics, quantum information and/or condensed matter physics (outstanding candidates with other backgrounds will also be considered)
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Fulfillment of the official requirements for PhD students of the University of Innsbruck
- Research on the forefront of quantum science
- World class, stimulating research environment
- Possibility to work in a young, diverse team
- Flextime arrangement
- Numerous social benefits for employees
We offer an annual gross salary of € 31.326,40 based on the salary scheme of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
We invite you to send your application, including a letter of motivation, contact details of at least two referees, your curriculum vitae and certificates to email@example.com, mentioning Job ID: IQOQIIBK079DOC121 no later than August 15, 2021. Applications are considered until the positions are filled.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. The OeAW lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
EURAXESS offer ID: 666908
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.