ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Aveiro
RESEARCH FIELDEnvironmental science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/08/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Aveiro
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
REFERENCE NUMBERCENTRO-01-0145-FEDER-029351 - ASHMOB
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR RESEARCH GRANT – Ref. no. Edital nº 12/2021/BI/DAO - ASHMOB
A research position for one Research Grant (“Bolsa de Investigação”) is open at the University of Aveiro, within the scope of the project CENTRO-01-0145-FEDER-029351 – ASHMOB, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (FEDER), through the Regional Operational Programme of Centre (CENTRO 2020) of the Portugal 2020 framework, with the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Environmental Sciences and Engineering or related areas.
2. Admission requirements: Candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Master in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Physical Geography or related scientific areas, enrolled in non-academic degree courses integrated in the educational project of the University of Aveiro,
• Candidates enrolled (or present proof of meeting the requirements to be enrolled) in a Doctoral Program in Environmental Sciences and Engineering or related scientific areas.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in forest soil studies.
3. Eligibility: Applicants must comply with paragraph 2 of Art. 2 of the Research Grant Recipient Statute (in Portuguese), as in Decree-Law no. 123/2019 of 28th August, and also the regime established in paragraphs 1 and 2 of Art. 6 of the FCT Regulation for Studentships and Fellowships (in Portuguese).
- Academic degrees and diplomas awarded by foreign higher education institutions require recognition by a Portuguese higher institution under the terms of Decree-Law no. 66/2018 of 16th August and Ordinance no. 33/2019 of 25th January. The formalities defined in those legal documents should be fulfilled until the contract starting date.
- The work of the grant recipient falls under the regime of exclusive commitment, under the terms expressly set forth in Article 5 of the Research Grant Recipient Statute and under the terms of Article 16 of the FCT Regulation.
4. Work Plan: The grant aims to carry out work in support of the project activities, in particular the development of the Task 5: field validation of forecasts for the mobilization of ash and its mitigation.
5. Rules and Regulations: Research Fellowship Holder Statute (in Portuguese), as in Decree-Law no. 123/2019 of 28th August; FCT Regulation for Studentships and Fellowships (in Portuguese), as in , Regulation no. 950/2019 of 16th December; Decree-Law n.º 66/2018, of 16 August (Legal regime of recognition of higher education degrees and diplomas awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
6. Working place and supervisor: The research will be developed at Department of Environment and Planning and at CESAM – Centre for Environmental and Marine Studies, all of University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Doctor Jan Jacob Keizer.
7. Grant duration: The grant will be awarded for a period of 3 months, starting between August and September 2021, and may be renewed.
8. Monthly maintenance allowance: €1.104,64, according to the table of grant amounts of FCT, IP for positions held in Portugal - Regulation 950/25019, annex I. This monthly allowance will be paid at the end of the month by bank transfer.
9. Selection criteria: Curriculum evaluation (100%) which will be carried out according to the following criteria and weighting: curriculum vitae (10%); experience with and availability for field work in forest areas (25%); knowledge of soil erosion processes and experience with their measurement under field conditions (25%); experience with laboratory analysis of soil and/or eroded sediment samples (25%); experience with analysis of soil and/or eroded sediment data (15%).
10. Selection committee: President of the Jury: Doctor Jan Jacob Keizer; Effective jury members: Doctor Dalila R.E. Serpa and Doctor Ricardo Daniel Oliveira Mendes Martins; Substitute jury members: Doctor Nelson J.C. Abrantes and Doctor Oscar González-Pelayo.
11. Deadline and formalization of applications: Only applications submitted between 22 July 2021 and 04 August 2021 will be considered.
Applications must be submitted, mandatory, using an application letter with the documents stated bellow in pdf form:
i) Application form for research grants, available in the Human Resources Area, at http://www.ua.pt/pt/sgrh/bolseiros;
ii) Curriculum Vitae;
iii) Motivation letter;
iv) Certificate(s) of academic degrees; and
v) Other supporting documents that candidates consider relevant, in particular on their experience with hydrological and soil erosion studies.
The candidate should indicate the email address to which agrees to be notified of the results and all purposes under this procedure.
Applications, addressed to the President of the Jury, must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Cc to email@example.com, indicating the reference of the tender procedure in the subject.
12. Notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be published through a list ordered by the final grade obtained posted on the University's website, within a maximum period of 90 working days after the final application submission date and the approved candidate will be notified by e-mail. Within a period of 10 working days, provided for by the Administrative Procedure Code, candidates can submit a formal rebuttal. At the end of the period fixed for the hearing of interested parties and, in the absence of any response from them, the ranking list of candidates will become final. From the final decision, the candidates may lodge a complaint within 15 working days, or appeal to the maximum executive body of the financing entity within 30 working days after notification of the final decision, in accordance with the provisions of article 12 of the Regulation of Research Grants of the Foundation for Science and Technology.
Universidade de Aveiro, 19/07/2021
Doutor Jacob Keizer
EURAXESS offer ID: 665735
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.