ORGANISATION/COMPANYFaculdade de Letras da Universidade de Lisboa
RESEARCH FIELDArts › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/08/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisboa
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
REFERENCE NUMBERBI Lic_PERPHOTO_JUL2021
- Tender open for the award of 1 Scholarship for MA students. This grant is funded by Portuguese national funds through Foundation for Science and Technology, under Project PERPHOTO - Performing the gaze. Crossings between photography and theatre in Portuguese and international context. ref. PTDC/ART-PER/31693/2017
- The scholarship will be awarded for 9 months and may be renewed up to the end of the project.
- The scholarship will be supervised by Professor Filipe Figueiredo and Professor Cosimo Chiarelli.
- The scholarship holder will collaborate in the respective research activities of PERPHOTO project, namely: in bibliographic research, in the survey of photographic practices in the context of Portuguese theatre in the last 40 years, in contacts with producers and theatre companies and photography archives, in the production of inventories and database feeding and in the scientific production of files of authors-creators or in the preparation and execution of the empirical component of the project.
- Application submission
Please email to email@example.com:
- A cover letter
- Proof of degree (duly certified by a Portuguese Authority if it is a foreign degree)
- Document proving acceptance or enrolment in a MA program
- Dissertation project
For application purposes, diplomas, certificates and transcripts need not be submitted. In lieu, a statement of compliance is required (see below Website for additional job details). Official transcripts must be submitted prior to the signing of the contract.
Fellowships applicants must show that they meet the necessary conditions to enrol in the program leading to the attainment of the requested academic degree. Proof of acceptance will be required prior to the signing of the contract.
Stipend in accordance to the Portuguese Science Foundation salary scale, 835,98 € per month (net) (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2019.pdf), paid by bank transfer.
Insurance costs (Seguro Social Voluntário and Seguro de Acidentes Pessoais) are supported by the employer.
Acceptance of the fellowship is exclusive of any other professional or research activity (Art. 5 of the Research Fellowship Holder Statute).
The following applicants are eligible:
a) Portuguese citizens or citizens of the other Members States of the European Union;
b) Citizens of other countries;
c) Stateless persons;
d) Political refugees.
The Selection criteria are the following:
1. Curriculum Assessment (CA) (weight: 40%)
- Dissertation Project Assessment (DPA) (weight: 40%)
- Interview (I) (weight: 20%)
Classification is expressed on a scale from 0 to 20 values:
Final classification = CA (40%) + DPA (40%) + I (20%)
Chair: Dr. Filipe Figueiredo
Panel: Dr. Cosimo Chiarelli – Dr. Paula Magalhães
Preliminary decisions will be posted at the FLUL website. Selected candidate(s) will be notified by e-mail.
Applicants may submit queries or complaints about the decisions within a ten-weekday period.
Final decisions must be announced within 90 weekdays of the application deadline and up to 60 weekdays after the end of the query and complaint deadline.
In case of non-acceptance by the selected candidates, the grant may be offered to any of the other ranked applicants within 18 months of the final announcement.
This grant is regulated by:
Portuguese Research Fellow Charter/Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação Científica (Lei Nº. 40/2004, Decreto-Lei n.º 123/2019, Decreto-Lei n.º 89/2013, Decreto-Lei n.º 233/2012, and Lei n.º 12/2013); Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia Fellowship Bylaws / Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, IP (2019) and Universidade de Lisboa Fellowship Bylaws /Regulamento de Bolsas da Universidade de Lisboa (Despacho nº 6238/2020).
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
Applicants must be enrolled MA Students in Theatre Studies, Visual Studies or related areas.
The dissertation theme must be inscribed in the scientific area of the PERPHOTO project
Upon completion of the grant period, the scholarship holder has up to 60 weekdays to submit to firstname.lastname@example.org (a) a final report on the activities and results (in electronic format); and (b) the supervisor(s)'s evaluation of the final report.
The final report will be evaluated by the supervisors according to the following criteria:
- Quality of the work developed - 60%
- Results achieved-30%
- Integration and adaptation skills -10%
Each criterion will be graded 0-20. The final evaluation will be 0-20.
Applicants must intend to carry out research activities leading to the award of a Master's Degree within the scientific domains of the PERPHOTO project.
EURAXESS offer ID: 665328
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.