ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/08/2021 16:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › 02-668 Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
REFERENCE NUMBERJob ID: #JOB31/2021
Ab initio investigations of Hund’s Rule breaking organic molecules
The main scientific goal of the project bases on extensive ab initio computational explorations of novel, so-far unknown, organic compounds exhibiting the S1/T1 inversion in order to understand fundamental mechanisms and to determine electronic and nuclear factors that govern this unexpected and rare phenomenon. This is almost completely unexplored field so far and the research will need the combination of chemical intuition in designing such systems with extensive computational work. Several wavefunction- and DFT- based methods of electronic structure theory such as MP2, ADC(2), CC2, CASSCF, UDFT, and TDDFT will be used for determination of molecular properties in the ground and in the lowest electronically excited states of theoretically designed polyatomic molecules.
The technical aim of the project is related to future OLED application of these systems, and will involve computational optimization of the S1→S0 fluorescence intensity and wavelength of theoretically designed molecules with the restriction of a negative singlet-triplet energy gap.
- basic knowledge of wavefunction- and DFT- based methods of electronic structure theory such as MP2, CC2, CASSCF, and TDDFT.
- some experience in running quantumchemical program packages like Gaussian, Turbomole or Molpro.
- proficiency in English.
- Master’s degree in physics (or an equivalent that qualifies one for PhD studies in physics in the country of issue).
- To be employed, the candidate must be accepted into the PhD school in which the Institute of Physics participates. Applications for the position are through recruitment to the School, online at warsaw4phd.eu.
Application deadline: 18.08.2021 Later applications will not be considered.
• Scientific CV
• Cover letter
• Scan of MsC diploma or equivalent (or an explanation of when one is expected)
• Academic record (for finalized semesters)
• Recommended: A recommendation letter by an academic, or their contact email.
All materials should be submitted in electronic form by application to the PhD school warsaw4phd.eu, choosing the project: "Ab initio investigations of Hund’s Rule breaking organic molecules". The application system will be active from 4 August 2021.
Results regarding the position will be made available by 18 September 2021.
Main research field: Physics
Sub Research Field: molecular photophysics
Career Stage: Early stage researcher or 0-4 yrs (Post-graduate)
Research Profile (details): First Stage Researcher (R1)
Type of Contract: Fixed term (36 months)
Salary: grant funding of 5000 PLN per month, before subtracting obligatory employer and employee social security contributions (~15%).
More information can be obtained from Prof. Andrzej Sobolewski
Please make contact.
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 665300
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.