ORGANISATION/COMPANYEstonian University of Life Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesMedical sciences › Veterinary medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/08/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/12/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
This position belongs to the team of COMBIVET ERA Chair (Chair of Comparative Medicine in the Institute of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences of the Estonian University of Life Sciences).
The aim of the COMBIVET project is to coordinate the activities of the COMBIVET ERA Chair of Comparative Medicine under the Institute of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences at the Estonian University of Life Sciences. Comparative medicine has great unmet research potential as many of the health challenges faced by animals and humans are the same. Therefore, knowledge acquired in both veterinary and human medicine is well-utilized on both sides and promotes simultaneously the health of veterinary and human patients.
The COMBIVET ERA Chair research focuses on infectious diseases, reproductive diseases, immunology-related diseases, metabolic diseases, cancer, and bone and joint diseases. The ERA chair has a special interest in understanding the role of extracellular vesicles in pathophysiology of the human and animal diseases.
Project COMBIVET has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program under grant agreement No 857418.
The position’s commencement date: From 01.12.2021 up to 31.08.2024.
- To participate in the team’s research activities by planning and conducting research and innovation;
- To write and publish research papers and other printed and online media;
- To deliver relevant lectures to students, academic peers and public;
- To work with the colleagues within the COMBIVET ERA Chair team and with the other colleagues from the university.
- To supervise and guide different post-graduate research students (PhD, MSc)
Funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme
- To take part in outreach and public engagement activities of the ERA Chair.
- Guaranteed salary ca 1,830 EUR per month (this amount is subject to employee taxes and shall be supplemented by healthcare and social services required by law);
- Access to research facilities locating in the Estonian University of Life Sciences;
- Support for making arrangements and settling in Estonia.
To participate in the competition, candidates are required to submit the following documents to the Personnel Department (Fr. R. Kreutzwaldi 1, 51006 TARTU, ESTONIA):
- An application to the Rector in free format;
- A copy of the document certifying PhD degree or equivalent;
- CV (Curriculum Vitae) including:
- Working experience;
- List of scientific publications, indexed in Thomson Reuters Web of Science or Scopus;
- Books and book chapters;
- Awarded patents;
- Candidates should provide referees name of two individuals who can be called upon to provide information regarding the candidate’s work;
- Other relevant materials at the discretion of the applicant.
Application documents shall be submitted in English in the written form, either on paper or as a digitally signed document by e-mail to: email@example.com no later than August 31, 2021.
Following the submission of documents, the eligible candidates might be invited for a virtual or in person interview.
Additional contact info:
ERA Chair of Comparative Medicine in the Institute of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences of the Estonian University of Life Sciences (COMBIVET)
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
As a key member of the team, the selected candidate should fulfil the following general criteria, as she/he:
- has published research papers, indexed in Thomson Reuters Web of Science or Scopus;
- is qualified to perform teaching, delivers lectures in her/his discipline;
- has promoted her/his field of research;
- has organized domestic and international research conferences, workshops, seminars and lectures in her/his speciality and has conducted the organizational work in her/his research field (optional);
- has organized public seminars, workshops and lectures;
- has the ability to collaborate effectively as part of the team and should hold good interpersonal and communication skills.
- A PhD degree in a clinical or physiological or biological related field such as reproductive physiology or immunology or pathology or any other life sciences related subject.
- She/he has to fulfil the criteria of the level R2 (Recognized Researcher) of the European Framework for Researcher Careers profiles and Research Fellow qualification requirements at the Estonian University of Life Sciences.
Required research experience
The candidate to the position of research fellow has research experience in:
- Molecular diseases diagnostics either in veterinary or human medicine, or both;
- Experience in working with high throughput screening, in vitro cell culture-based model development and/or animal models with nano or extracellular biology;
- Experience in nanomaterials fabrication and characterization (optional).
Required language skills: Superior English
EURAXESS offer ID: 665243
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.