ORGANISATION/COMPANYEstonian University of Life Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesMedical sciences › Veterinary medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/08/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/12/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
This position belongs to the team of COMBIVET ERA Chair (Chair of Comparative Medicine in the Institute of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences of the Estonian University of Life Sciences).
The aim of the COMBIVET project is to coordinate the activities of the COMBIVET ERA Chair of Comparative Medicine under the Institute of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences at the Estonian University of Life Sciences. Comparative medicine has great unmet research potential as many of the health challenges faced by animals and humans are the same. Therefore, knowledge acquired in both veterinary and human medicine is well-utilized on both sides and promotes simultaneously the health of veterinary and human patients.
The COMBIVET ERA Chair research focuses on infectious diseases, reproductive diseases, immunology-related diseases, metabolic diseases, cancer, and bone and joint diseases. The ERA chair has a special interest in understanding the role of extracellular vesicles in pathophysiology of the human and animal diseases.
Project COMBIVET has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program under grant agreement No 857418.
The position’s commencement date: From 01.12.2021 up to 31.08.2024.
- To participate in the team’s research activities by planning and conducting research and innovation;
- To write and publish research papers and other printed and online media;
- To apply for research grant and support fund raising activities of the COMBIVET ERA Chair;
- To deliver relevant lectures to students, academic peers and public;
- To accomplish the deliverables of the COMBIVET ERA Chair program;
Funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme
- To supervise and guide different post-graduate research students (PhD, MSc)
- To work with the colleagues within the COMBIVET ERA Chair team and with the other colleagues from the university.
- Salary up to 3,160 EUR per month (this amount is subject to employee taxes and shall be supplemented by healthcare and social services required by law);
- Access to research facilities locating in the Estonian University of Life Sciences;
- Support for making arrangements and settling in Estonia.
The positions’ commencement date: December 1, 2021.
To participate in the competition, candidates are required to submit the following documents to the Personnel Department (Fr. R. Kreutzwaldi 1, 51006 Tartu, Estonia) by August 31, 2021:
- an application to the Rector;
- a copy of the document certifying education and/or academic degree;
- CV (curriculum vitae) and a structured list of scientific publications of recent ten years, in the Estonian Research Information System (ETIS) standard format (up to ten significant publications from the earlier periood may be included at will); information on academic work and in-service training done within five recent years shall be enclosed with the CV;
- Researcher ID/ ORCID/ Google Scholar reference;
- other relevant materials at the discretion of the applicant.
Application documents shall be submitted in Estonian or in English in the written form, either on paper to the Personnel Department (Fr. R. Kreutzwaldi 1, 51006 Tartu, Estonia) or as a digitally signed document by e-mail to email@example.com.
In case the applicant has obtained higher education in a foreign country, the applicant must present an assessment given by the academic recognition information centre (Estonian ENIC/NARIC Centre; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) on the conformity of the qualification of the applicant to the qualifications required in the position.
Click on the job title to get more detailed information.
Further information: HR Chief Specialist, e-mail email@example.com.
Additional contact info:
ERA Chair of Comparative Medicine in the Institute of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences of the Estonian University of Life Sciences (COMBIVET)
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
As a key member of the team, the selected candidate should fulfil the following general criteria, as she/he:
- is an internationally recognized scholar in her/his field, who leads a research topic or a research project;
- proven track record /experience in both animal and human comparative medicine aspects in research
- has published at least 15 publications, indexed in Thomson Reuters Web of Science or Scopus;
- has published books or book chapters (optional);
- is qualified to perform teaching, delivers lectures in her/his discipline, supervises students in all tiers of higher education and develops courses;
- has successfully mentored doctoral and post-doctoral students (optional); - has been successful in securing research funding (research grants and research contracts funded by government or industry (optional));
- has developed relationships with other universities, research institutions and industry, and has participated in consultation and development work;
- has promoted her/his field of research;
- has organized domestic and international research conferences, workshops, seminars and lectures in her/his speciality and has conducted the organizational work in her/his research field;
- has organized public seminars, workshops and lectures;
- has filed patent applications and has been granted the patent(s) (optional);
- has the ability to collaborate effectively as part of the team and should hold good interpersonal and communication skills;
- has experience in leading a team and project management.
- A PhD degree in a clinical or physiological or biological related field such as Reproductive Physiology or Immunology or Pathology or ….
- She/he has to fulfil the criteria of the level R3 (Established Researcher) of the European Framework for Researcher Careers profiles and Senior Research Fellow qualification requirements at the Estonian University of Life Sciences.
Required research experience:
The candidate to the position of Senior Research Fellow is a recognized specialist in her/his field with research experience in:
- cell biology, molecular cell biology, reproductive biology, extracellular vesicles, genomics, proteomics, bioinformatics and immunology technologies, (at least one field);
Has to fulfil the criteria of the level R3 (Established Researcher) of the European Framework for Researcher Careers profiles and Senior Research Fellow qualification requirements at the Estonian University of Life Sciences.
The candidate to the position of Senior Research Fellow is a recognised specialist in his or her field with research experience on international level.
Required language skills: Superior English
EURAXESS offer ID: 665231
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.