ORGANISATION/COMPANYInternational Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/08/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
You will join the project entitled “Experimental analysis of molecular determinants involved in epilepsy” carried out as the OPUS grant (UMO-2020/39/B/NZ3/02729) of the National Science Centre, Poland led by Vladimir Korzh, PhD.
The project aims to provide rationale for subfunctionalization of human KCNB1 mutations that cause epileptic encephalopathy of variable severity.
- Full-time PhD scholarship for 48 months in amount:
- before the mid-term evaluation 3700 pln net/month
- after mid-term evaluation 4500 pln net/month
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
- Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Candidates will be selected according to the procedure complying the rules for granting scholarships for young scientists in research projects funded by the National Science Centre (NCN Council Resolution No. 25/2019 dated March 14, 2019 r.), recruitment procedure for the Warsaw-4-PhD and the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/3t96hMd .
The admissions process is conducted through the Doctoral School website system. The PhD student can apply to this specific project carried out as part of the Warsaw-4-PhD doctoral school via website https://bit.ly/3tegzul (the application system will be activated from 4th August, deadline for sending application is 18th , August). For more information, please follow the link https://bit.ly/3g5tOtV
How to apply:
- Apply via website https://bit.ly/3wMdVhX (the application system will be activated from 4th August , 2021 deadline for sending application is 18th August, 2021). If you have any enquiries about the recruitment process or the project, please send your requestto firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include the following statement in your email: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street,02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/3mHTvSl
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
As a PhD student you will be responsible for generation of zebrafish mutants that mimic human mutations of KCNB1, analysis of mutant phenotypes by high-resolution bioimaging in vivo using confocal and SPIM microscopy, and behavior of larval and adult zebrafish. The transcriptome analysis (in collaboration with the Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics , IIMCB, Dr. C. Winata). Isolation of mRNA, preparation of the libraries, analysis of sequencing results.
Requirements for the candidate:
- Holds a Master's degree in biology, biochemistry or related field.
- Prior experience in molecular developmental biology and zebrafish studies is a bonus during selection of candidates, but necessary training will be provided
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Willingness to learn and take new challenges, ability to work independently, analytical thinking.
- Good interpersonal skills and a collaborative attitude.
- Research achievements (eg, publications or manuscripts in preparation) and experience abroad will be of advantage.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 664150
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.