RESEARCH FIELDEnvironmental science › Earth science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/09/2021 19:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › CRETEIL
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE10/10/2021
The engineer will integrate the Instrumentation Pole within the technical department of LISA. The pole gathers up two research engineers, seven design engineers and one technician. It is in charge of maintaining, developing and optimizing LISA's research instruments, whether for laboratory experiments, for field measurements (ground, balloon, airplane, satellite, etc.) as well as for measurements on other environments of the Solar System (Mars, Comet, etc.). This pole brings together all the engineering work skills necessary for the instrumental design, realization and implementation. The successful candidate will also strongly interact with the MEREIA operational group of LISA, which manages and operates instruments developed for field and laboratory experiences within international field campaigns, as the ACROSS campaign (Atmospheric ChemistRy Of the Suburban ForeSt), planned for summer 2022 in Paris area, within the Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) program promulgated by French President Emmanuel Macron.
Field observations require state-of-the-art instruments, operating at high frequency and high sensitivity in order to document trace species in the atmosphere. In this context, LISA is developing three new instruments allowing (i) airborne measurement on research aircraft of aerosol absorption (Aerosol Absorption Spectral Sizer instrument , A2S2); (ii) airborne measurement on research aircraft of volatile organic compounds at low concentration levels by proton transfer mass spectrometry (PTR-ToF-MS instrument); (iii) measurement without interference of nitrogen compounds at ground level by the NOyBOx instrument.
Contacts for any answer:
Mathieu Cazaunau, Head of the Instrumentation Pole of the Technical Department - Mathieu.Cazaunau@lisa.ipsl.fr, tel: +33-14517 6543
Noel Grand, Technical Director of LISA - firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +33-14517 1553
Manuela Cirtog, Assistant Professor – email@example.com, tel : +33-18239 2077
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
• Good knowledge of the performance of programmable components and architectures (synchronous / asynchronous or client / server);
• Programming languages (good knowledge of Python and / or LabView);
• Good knowledge of tools and instrumentation management;
• Good knowledge of systems design and specification methods and techniques;
• General knowledge of electrical engineering and electronics;
• General knowledge of hardware architectures around programmable components (memory, analog or digital converter, communication interface, etc.)
• Technical English.
• License, Master Degree, Engineering school
• Desired area of training: industrial IT, electrical or electronic engineering
The activities of the electronic engineer will be as follows:
• Carry out the functional analysis of subsystems and divide them into elementary functions;
• Select or subcontract the electronics adapted to the constraints;
• Develop the software application for digital systems;
• Define and optimize control laws for servo-controlled systems;
• Implement the control and supervision of distributed systems;
• Participate in integration tests and interpret the results;
• Ensure the configuration management of development tools and developed subsystems;
• Write and update technical and functional documentation;
• Ensure the progressive and corrective maintenance of the developed equipment;
EURAXESS offer ID: 664083
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.