ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Bioorganic Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/08/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Poznań
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE04/10/2021
KEY WORDS: high-throughput drug screening (HTS), myotonic dystrophy type 2 (DM2), next generation sequencing, proteomics, bioinformatics
We would like to offer the position of Assistant Professor (Post-Doc) within the OPUS 20 research project no. 2020/39/B/NZ3/01811, entitled "Cell-based high-throughput screening for small-molecule compounds diminishing molecular markers of pathogenesis in myotonic dystrophy type 2 (DM2)”, funded by the National Science Center. The main goal of the project is to conduct high-throughput screening (HTS) of small-molecule compounds in human DM2 cells, with the aim of selecting the most potent molecules diminishing pathogenesis of the disease.
IBCH PAS is one of the leading research unites in Poland, specialized in chemistry, molecular biology and biomedicine, with the access to cutting-edge technologies.
Principal Investigator: Dr hab. Marzena Wojciechowska
Monthly full remuneration cost 8150 PLN gross.
II. Job responsibilities
- Planning and performing experiments. Data analysis and interpretation.
- Composing and assisting in manuscript preparation.
- Critical literature reading.
- Presenting results at seminars and scientific meetings.
- Guiding students.
III. Required documents.
1. Letter of application to the Director of IBCH.
2. Scientific CV including list of publications, patents, previous positions and managed projects.
3. Cover letter featuring information on the candidate's scientific background, achievements and contact details to three referees.
4. Copy of PhD diploma.
IV. Applications must be submitted via the eRecruiter portal, using the link below:
V. The submission deadline is August 27, 2021.
VI. Following preliminary verification on the basis of the application documents, selected candidates could be invited for an interview, and based on the results of both stages of applicants evaluation, one candidate shall be appointed. The main criteria, taken into consideration during the selection of the candidates, will be: (i) research output in a form of published papers, (ii) experience necessary for the tasks planned within the framework of the project, (iii) former foreign fellowships and /or post-doctoral positions held.
VII. The recruitment procedure shall be concluded no later than on September 05, 2021.
VIII. Employment shall take place in compliance with the provisions of the Labor Code of Poland.
The position is available for the period of four years staring October 04, 2021.
Employment shall take place in compliance with the provisions of the Labor Code of Poland.The position is available for the period of four years staring October 04, 2021. Monthly full remuneration cost 8150 PLN gross.
For more details, please contact:
Dr hab. Marzena Wojciechowska
Department of Molecular Genetics
Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, PAS
phone: +48 61 852 85 03 ext. 1281
Pursuant to the stipulations of the regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), further referred to as GDPR, we hereby inform that:
- The Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, seated in Noskowskiego St. 12/14, 61-704 Poznan; REGON 000849327, NIP 777-00-02-062 is the administrator of the collected personal data (further referred to as the Institute).
- The Administrator appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted in writing, via traditional mail, by sending a letter to the following address: Z. Noskowskiego St. 12/14, 61-704 Poznan, or by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The personal data of the candidates is processed for the purposes of fulfilling the tasks of the administrator, associated with conducting the recruitment procedure for a vacant position.
- The legal basis for processing personal data is the Act of 26 June 1974 – The Labor Code, Act of 30 April 2010 on the Polish Academy of Sciences or the consent of the person whose data shall be subjected to processing.
- Your personal data shall be subjected to processing for period of 3 months upon the date of decision of the recruitment committee. Following this period, the data will be irretrievably and effectively destroyed.
- The personal data of the candidates shall not be transferred to any third country.
- The person whose data shall be subjected to processing has the right to:
- request access to his/her personal data, and to amend it or delete it, pursuant to articles 15-17 of GDPR;
- limit data processing, in the events stipulated in article 18 of GDPR;
- data transferring, pursuant to article 20 of GDPR;
- withdraw consent at any moment, without influencing compliance with the law of the processing that was executed prior to consent withdrawal;
- file a complaint to the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection.
Providing personal data in the scope stipulated in article 22 (1) of the Act of 26 June 1974 – The Labor Code is mandatory, whereas providing data in a broader scope is voluntary and requires consent for its processing.
I. Requirements for the candidates.
- A PhD degree (or equivalent) in molecular biology, bioinformatics, biotechnology, biochemistry, medicine, or related sciences.*
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques.
- Well-documented research output in the form of research papers published in recognizable research journals listed in the Web of Science database.
- Experience in bioinformatics and/or human molecular biology.
- Strong motivation and commitment to the project implementation.
- Good command of English enabling efficient communication and preparation of research papers.
*Pursuant to the regulations of the National Science Center, only candidates who obtained their PhD degree at an institution other than the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, PAS, are eligible for the position.
The offer is intended for experienced researchers, holding at least a PhD degree in biology. The position is dedicated especially to those candidates who are experienced in the HTS, Next Generation Sequencing and bioinformatics data analysis.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 663825
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.