ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Bioorganic Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE11/08/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Poznań
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2021
KEY WORDS: NGS data analysis, third generation sequencing, lncRNAs, zebrafish, genome annotation
You will join the project entitled “Shedding new light on genome's dark matter: identification of novel long noncoding RNAs in zebrafish” carried out as the OPUS 2018/31/B/NZ2/01940 grant of the Polish National Science Centre. The primary goal of this project is to improve the annotation of long noncoding RNAs (lncRNAs) in zebrafish and broaden our understanding of lncRNA biology by establishing the evolutionary conservation of lncRNAs across human, mouse and zebrafish.
Principal Investigator: Dr. Barbara Uszczyńska-Ratajczak
Monthly full remuneration cost 8150 PLN gross.
II. Duties in project:
As a Postdoc: you will be responsible for planning and performing wet-lab experiments, including: zebrafish handling, extracting organs/tissues, isolating RNA, performing enrichment of full-length lncRNA isoforms, generating RNA-seq libraries, designing and performing loss of function assays, as well as in situ hybridization. The successful candidate is also expected to take active part in disseminating results among scientific and non-scientific communities, analyzing obtained results and preparing scientific publications.
III. Required documents:
- Letter of application to the Director of IBCH PAS with a declaration that the Institute will be the candidate's primary place of work and consent to be counted in "N" figure of the Institute (each researcher in Poland must submit a declaration to be within "N" figure accounted to a selected research unit).
- Motivation letter with a brief description of research experience.
- A copy of the PhD diploma.
- Information on academic achievements, including:
a) list of publications with a number of citations excluding self-citations and H-index,
b) list of inventions, patents and implementations,
c) previously completed and/or led projects,
d) teaching experience.
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one from a direct supervisor.
IV. Applications should be submitted via the eRecruiter portal at
V. The deadline for submitting the application is 11/08/2021.
VI. During the recruitment procedure selected candidates may be invited to an interview (personally or remotely).
VII. The recruitment procedure shall be concluded no later than 16/08/2021.
VIII. Employment shall take place in compliance with the provisions of the Labor Code of Poland
IX. We offer: 1.Full employment contract for 12 months. 2.Monthly full remuneration cost 8150 PLN gross. 3.Work in the interdisciplinary research environment spanning molecular and developmental biology, bioinformatics, genomics and transcriptomics. 4.Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations). 5.Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel. 6.Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring. 7.Preferable starting date is 01/09/2021.
For additional information please contact the Principal Investigator: Dr. Barbara Uszczynska-Ratajczak e-mail: email@example.com Information clause: Pursuant to the stipulations of the regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), further referred to as GDPR, we hereby inform that:
The Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, seated in Noskowskiego St. 12/14, 61-704 Poznan; REGON 000849327, NIP 777-00-02-062 is the administrator of the collected personal data (further referred to as the Institute).
The Administrator appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted in writing, via traditional mail, by sending a letter to the following address: Z. Noskowskiego St. 12/14, 61-704 Poznan, or by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The personal data of the candidates is processed for the purposes of fulfilling the tasks of the administrator, associated with conducting the recruitment procedure for a vacant position.
- The legal basis for processing personal data is the Act of 26 June 1974 – The Labor Code, Act of 30 April 2010 on the Polish Academy of Sciences or the consent of the person whose data shall be subjected to processing.
- Your personal data shall be subjected to processing for period of 3 months upon the date of decision of the recruitment committee. Following this period, the data will be irretrievably and effectively destroyed.
- The personal data of the candidates shall not be transferred to any third country.
- The person whose data shall be subjected to processing has the right to:
- request access to his/her personal data, and to amend it or delete it, pursuant to articles 15-17 of GDPR;
- limit data processing, in the events stipulated in article 18 of GDPR;
- data transferring, pursuant to article 20 of GDPR;
- withdraw consent at any moment, without influencing compliance with the law of the processing that was executed prior to consent withdrawal;
- file a complaint to the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection.
Providing personal data in the scope stipulated in article 22 (1) of the Act of 26 June 1974 – The Labor Code is mandatory, whereas providing data in a broader scope is voluntary and requires consent for its processing.
I. Requirements for the candidates:
- PhD in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or related field
- Expertise in NGS or/and TGS (long-read sequencing), PCR and other molecular biology techniques required
- Experience with flow cytometry and cell imaging
- Experience using and maintaining zebrafish/mouse and tissue culture models
- Show evidence of scientific productivity and writing skills, documented by authorship in publications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and ability to work independently and in a high-performance team.
- Professional working proficiency in English.
*In accordance with the requirements of the National Science Center, only those candidates who received their PhD degree no earlier than 7 years prior to the date of employment within the research project, excluding parental or related leaves governed by the stipulations of the Labor Code, rehabilitation period associated with rehabilitation allowances or other rehabilitation benefits, are eligible for recruitment. In such cases, the aforementioned 7-year period shall be extended by additional 18 months for every descendant or adoptee. Female applicants may choose the way of justifying breaks in their research career, which is more favorable in a given case.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 662689
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.