ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Duisburg-Essen
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/08/2021 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONMultiple locations, see work locations below.
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
The University of Duisburg-Essen (Campus Essen) and the Center of Medical Biotechnology (ZMB)/Collaborative Research Centre 1430 offer
PhD positions (salary equivalent to 65%TV-L 13)
in Biochemistry, Molecular Cell Biology, Chemical Biology, Biochemistry, Structural Biology, and Tumorbiology
- Stefan Westermann/Molecular Genetics: Molecular control of kinetochore microtubule interactions at the metaphase-anaphase transition
- Hemmo Meyer/Molecular Biology: VCP/p97-cofactor complexes at the intersection of DNA repair and checkpoint control
- Barbara Grüner/ Molecular Tumorpathology: Metastatic transition in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma
- Christos Gatsogiannis/ Structural Biochemistry: High-resolution electron microscopy of macro-molecular complexes in cell cycle regulation
- Alexander Roesch/Tumor Heterogeneity & Plasticity: Molecular regulation of differentiation and cell cycle in tumorrepopulating melanoma cell
- Simon Poepsel/Structural Biology/Biochemistry: Mechanisms of locally controlled histone demethylase activity
Applicants should have a keen interest in fundamental aspects of cell biology and a proven background (typically indicated by a Master or Diploma degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Medical Biology, Biochemistry or related fields)
What we offer
The PhD students will have the possibility to actively participate in the integrated Research Training Group on “Molecular and Chemical Cell Biology” within the CRC and profit from the well-structured PhD seminar and the interdisciplinary interaction with other students from the BIOME and CRC-network (see: http://www.uni-due.de/biome/ or https://www.uni-due.de/crc1430 for details)
For detailed information about the CRC 1430 and the individual projects, further information on the application procedure and additional job offerings in the CRC1430 please visit: www.uni-due.de/CRC1430. Candidates interested in several projects in the CRC1430 are encouraged to apply to multiple laboratories during this recruitment round. Interviews will be coordinated among the PIs of the CRC.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Your Profile/Qualifications (relevant for all projects)
- We are seeking highly motivated PhD students interested in studying the mechanisms of cell state transitions.
- We expect applicants to hold (or expect to hold prior to the start of their PhD) an excellent Master degree (or equivalent) in Biology, Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Chemistry, Medicine, and related fields.
- Research experience in an area that is related to the CRC´s scope is essential for successful candidates.
- We expect you to have proficiency in written and spoken English. Proof of language skills is not necessary, but recommended.
- We value passion for science and scientific work as well as independence, curiosity and enthusiasm.
Your Profile/Qualifications (relevant for some of the projects)
- Experience in bioinformatic data analysis and experimental animal work is also preferred (project Barbara Grüner)
- keen interest in fundamental aspects of cell biology and a proven background in biochemistry, molecular biology and/or microscopy (project Stefan Westermann)
EURAXESS offer ID: 662595
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.