ORGANISATION/COMPANYOxford Quantum Circuits (OQC)
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/09/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONUnited Kingdom › Shinfield, Reading
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we are building quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We are developing a cloud based quantum computer service – Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to help our customers improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 30+ people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, and software. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
At OQC, we control & measure the qubits inside our quantum computers using sub-microsecond GHz pulses which are generated by our digital control systems.
We are seeking an RF electronics engineer to join our classical hardware team. The RF electronics engineer is a key role, responsible for the design of the analogue RF signal chain, microwave control circuitry and associated packaging. You will be expected to take responsibility for all parts of the design life-cycle, from initial requirements gathering, through the analysis, simulation and schematic / PCB design phase, to lab-based testing. Additional activities will include I/O characterization, SNR optimization and filter design.
In addition to this core activity, our perfect candidate will have a broader electronics design capability and will be excited and willing to contribute to all aspects of system design. Although the minimum requirement for this role is 3+ years of relevant experience, we are equally keen to talk to more senior candidates who have the ability to make a real impact in the design of our systems.
- Responsible for the full end-end RF signal chain design process, from requirements capture through design and manufacture through to testing.
- RF modelling, analysis and simulation of the system.
- Guidance during PCB schematic and layout.
- Designing and carrying out test plans.
- Accumulating and documenting results.
- Ownership and management of your day-to-day activities.
- Liaising with other design teams for system integration.
- Be an active contributor to our future roadmap, architecture and strategy.
- Work with technology vendors & strategic partners to optimise designs as part of a longer-term vision.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in electronics, communications engineering or similar
- An excellent understanding of RF principles, theory and design techniques (s-parameters, Smith charts etc)
- At least 3 years of industry experience in RF/Microwave design
- Experience using lab equipment (network analyser, spectrum analyser etc) to test and analyze RF components
- Modelling and simulating designs using HFSS or similar
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work with customers and suppliers
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Mixed-signal PCB design.
- Familiarity with manipulation and demodulation of RF pulses.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
OQC’s office is located in Shinfield, Reading. There will be a requirement for occasional travel throughout the UK and elsewhere abroad for conferences, meetings and engineering visits.
Please apply via https://apply.workable.com/oqc/j/639CA7E6C5/ . As part of our application process we ask that you also provide us with a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a good fit for the role and what attracts you to OQC. Applications without a cover letter including this information will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At OQC we are not just hoping you’ll fit in our culture. We aspire to thrive, as a company and as people, thanks to your diversity of thought and background. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing our team members with a work environment free from discrimination, where everyone is treated with respect. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, talent and merit and all our colleagues share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to diversity. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or if you think we can do better with our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
EURAXESS offer ID: 661827
Posting organisation offer ID: 12475
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.