RESEARCH FIELDEconomicsManagement sciencesPolitical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/10/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Hiroshima
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
Affiliation (Appointment): Academy of Hiroshima University (Management Sciences Program, Division of Humanities and Social Sciences, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences)
Position and the number of opening: Associate Professor or Assistant Professor , one (1)
(Depending on the result of the performance reviews of the applicant at the time of employment, he/she may be decided on any of the following titles: Associate Professor with tenure; Associate Professor/Assistant Professor on Tenure Track System)
Terms of employment
Tenure-track position(s) Period of employment
7 years (in case that tenure-track Associate Professor gets promoted to tenured Associate Professor)
5 years (in case that tenure-track Assistant Professor gets promoted to tenured Associate Professor)
Tenure-track faculty members will undergo a tenure review at least six (6) months or more in advance of the expiration date of appointment, and those who have successfully passed the review process will be granted tenure along with promotion to associate professor.
Granting a candidate for tenure is subject to two reviewing process: an intermediate and final review. If a candidate is not granted tenure in final review, he/she will be dismissed from the university upon completion of the term of appointment.
If a candidate has taken a leave because of some life events such as delivering a baby, child-raising and caregiving, he/she may extend the term of appointment up to certain period according to the length of such leave.
*If you would like to know more about the standards for tenure review, please contact the office shown below for any enquiries.
Commencing date of Employment: April 1st, 2022
Field of specialization: Political Science, Business Administration, Public Policy, Economics and related areas
Undergraduate level (general education courses): Educational Seminar, etc.
Undergraduate level (discipline specific courses): Regional Administration, Public Administration, etc.
Graduate level (master's programs): Regional Administration, Public Administration, Special Seminars, etc.
Graduate level (doctoral programs): Management Special Research Ⅰ~Ⅵ, etc.
In addition to the courses listed above, he or she may be asked to teach other general education courses and/or discipline specific courses in other department(s) and graduate school(s).
(1) If you are agreeable to the application of the Discretionary Labor System for Professional Work, you are deemed to work for 7 hours and 45 minutes a day and 38 hours and 45 minutes a week. If not, working hours are from 12:45 to 21:15 (from Tuesday to Friday) and break time is from 17:15 to 18:00 (working hours are from 10:00 to 18:30(Saturday) and break time is from 12:30 to 13:15).
(2) Workdays are from Tuesday to Saturday (excluding public holidays) in principle.
(3) Holidays are Sundays, Mondays and public holidays in principle.
(1)The annual salary system (the new system enforced in April 2020) will be applied to the successful candidates.
(2)Successful candidates may be reimbursed for travel expenses incurred for the trip from their home or former place of work to the new place of work to assume their post in accordance with the relevant regulations of Hiroshima University. For more information, please contact us.
We conduct individual performance evaluations for all Hiroshima University faculty members after their employment, numerically rate their performance, and salary and benefits are commensurate with performance indicators.
(1) Probationary employment period: six(6) months
(2) Personal information obtained from application documents will not be used or provided to any third party for purposes other than the necessary procedures related to personnel affairs, salary, and welfare.
*Application documents will be treated in an appropriate manner but will not be returned to applicants.
(3) All the faculty members of Hiroshima University belong to the "Academy", which is the single university-wide faculty organization, and each faculty as a member of the Academy of the University is appointed to educational and/or research organizations such as an individual undergraduate school, graduate school, research center and institute.
(4) Applicants will be notified of the results of adoption or rejection as soon as they are
(5) Management Sciences Program is a graduate school opening a course during evening hours (from 18:00) on weekdays and Saturdays.
Please refer to https://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/gshs/senkougakui/jinbunshakai/manejimentop
The laboratory and main work location will be Higashi-Senda, Naka-ku, Hiroshima City. In some cases, you may be in charge of courses at the Hiroshima University Higashihiroshima Campus (Kagamiyama, Higashihiroshima City).
(6) For each specialized field of faculty, Hiroshima University has defined
Minimum standards for hiring new faculty (“the minimum standards"). We use the
minimum standards for the initial screening process of the applicants, and only
those who have cleared the minimum standards will qualify as the candidates for
the post concerned. The minimum standards used for this international job offer can
be viewed by clicking the following URL link.
(7) HU provides employment information (research job, desk job and etc.).
If your spouse wishes to work for HU, please refer to the following URL link.
employment information: https://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/en/employment
EURAXESS offer ID: 661347
Posting organisation offer ID: D121070239
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.