ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Academy of Sciences, The Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Innsbruck (IQOQI-IBK)
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › ElectronicsPhysics › Quantum mechanics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/07/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Innsbruck
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK30
Job ID: IQOQII072DOC121
The Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Innsbruck (IQOQI-IBK) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria`s leading non-university research and science institution, dedicates its work to theoretical and experimental basic research in the areas of quantum science. IQOQI is pleased to invite applications for
2 PhD Student Positions (f*m)
(part-time, 30h per week)
in the IQOQI research group “Dipolar Quantum gases”, led by Prof. Francesca Ferlaino.
- Work on an experiment with ultracold dipolar quantum gases including regular maintenance, planning and implementing upgrades and extensions, performing measurements
- Analysis of experimental results and writing scientific publications
- Tutor bachelor and master students
- Representing the group on conferences and workshops via poster presentations and talks
- Supporting the group in administrative tasks
- Master's degree in physics
- Practical experience with experimental techniques used in cold atom and quantum gas experiments, especially laser and optical setups, vacuum technology, electronics, etc.
- Experimental know-how on cooling and trapping two- and multi-valence electron atoms
- Experience in data analysis and theoretical modelling of physical systems
- Knowledge of the theoretical description of quantum systems in general and many-body systems in the context of ultracold dipolar quantum gases in specific
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Ability to work in a team and to present scientific results to the community
- Fulfillment of the official requirements for PhD students of the University of Innsbruck
- Interesting field of activity in a dynamic environment
- Flextime arrangement
- Possibility to work in an innovative team
- Numerous social benefits for employees
We offer an annual gross salary of € 31.326,40 according to the collective agreement of the Austrian Academy of Science (OeAW).
We invite you to send your application, including a letter of motivation, your curriculum vitae and certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning Job ID: IQOQII072DOC121 no later than July 20, 2021. Applications are considered until the positions are filled.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. The OeAW lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
EURAXESS offer ID: 660895
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.