RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/08/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Nijmegen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40.0
Mathematical analysis is an important area in the Department of Mathematics at Radboud University and has many scientific applications. As a PhD candidate, you will research mathematical analyses and learn valuable skills that equip you for your future career in academia or industry.
The project involving functional/harmonic analysis, possibly in relation to mathematical physics, will be supervised by Dr Michael Müger.We will support you through the PhD process to engage in excellent research, participate in international meetings and develop teaching skills that will equip you for a career in either academia or industry. This position has a light teaching load (10%). Upon successful completion, you will be awarded a PhD from Radboud University.
We welcome applications from candidates with an excellent academic track record and demonstrable research experience (e.g. as evidenced by a Master's thesis). Members from groups that are underrepresented in science, technology, engineering and mathematics are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Employment: 0.8 (5 year contract) -1.0 FTE (4 year contract).
- The gross starting salary amounts to €2,434 per month based on a 38-hour working week, and will increase to €3,111 from the fourth year onwards (salary scale P).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years (4 year contract) or 3.5 years (5 year contract).
- Your teaching load may be up to 10% of your appointment.
- The intended start date is 1 October 2021.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions. You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Please address your application to Michael Müger and submit it, using the application button, no later than 22 August 2021, 23:59 Amsterdam Time Zone.
Your application should include the following attachments:
- Letter of motivation.
- A transcript of records of your Bachelor's and Master's degrees.
- An abstract of your Master's thesis if applicable, even if it is not yet completed.
- The contact details, including email addresses, of two academic references (one being your Master's thesis supervisor, if applicable).
Interviews will take place in the first week of September 2021.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Michael Müger, Associate Professor
Web site for additional job details
- You hold a Master's degree in Mathematics or rigorous Mathematical Physics, or you are on track to obtain one around the starting date of the project.
- You have experience in one or more areas relevant to this position, as evidenced by the courses taken and your Master's thesis.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are a highly motivated, enthusiastic, critical, creative and proactive individual.
- You are able to work independently as well as in a team.
EURAXESS offer ID: 659303
Posting organisation offer ID: 302397
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.