ORGANISATION/COMPANYThe Cyprus Institute
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/07/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Nicosia
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations, cross-disciplinary research, innovation, and post graduate education. CyI, through its established research centres, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas.
CyI invites applications for a highly motivated professional to join the Institute at the position of Assistant Project Officer in the framework of the Innovative Training Network “Training the next generation of archaeological scientists: Interdisciplinary studies of pre-modern Plasters and Ceramics from the eastern Mediterranean” (PlaCe-ITN).
PlaCe-ITN is a high-profile partnership dedicated to the interdisciplinary study of pre-modern ceramics and plasters, coordinated by CyI. This Innovative Training Network aims at training Early-Stage Researchers to conduct state-of-the-art, science-based research on the technology, use, and provenance of the most abundant materials in archaeological sites. This is a 4 million Euros research project fully funded by Europe’s Horizon2020, the EU Research and Innovation funding programme, as a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action running from 2021 to 2025.
The PlaCe-ITN Assistant Project Officer will support administratively the work of the Project Management team in the day-to-day administration and running of the overall project.
The appointment will be on a full-time basis, initially for a period of one year, with the potential of renewal depending on performance and availability of funds.
- Booking and arranging travel, transport, and accommodation
- Completing documentation related to procurement, purchases and payments
- Assisting the PlaCe-ITN Project Manager with all administrative and reporting aspects as needed
- Assisting the PlaCe-ITN ESRs with administrative aspects of their fellowships
- Collecting timesheets and related documentation,
- Supporting the organisation and logistics of research, training, and outreach events in the framework of PlaCe-ITN
- Supporting research activities, including museum- and fieldwork, sample preparation, and data collection, in the framework of PlaCe-ITN
- Supporting project management within STARC as needed
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application using the Exelsys job platform based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a letter of interest, and three references (including the referees’ contact information). All documentation should be in English and in PDF format. For further information, please contact Maria Dikomitou Eliadou (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Please note that applications, which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines, will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
Contact person: Maria Dikomitou Eliadou
Reference number: STARC_APO_21_07
Required Experience and Qualifications
- A Βachelor’s degree in any field, with a degree in Archaeology or cognate subjects as an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office IT
- Excellent knowledge of oral and written Greek and English
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to a multicultural/multinational environment
Preferred qualifications and experience (non-mandatory):
- A Master’s degree in Archaeology or cognate subjects will be considered an advantage MSc/MA/MBA will be a competitive advantage
EURAXESS offer ID: 658533
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.