ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversité de Bretagne Occidentale
RESEARCH FIELDManagement sciencesOther
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2021 00:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONFrance › Brest
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK36h40
OFFER STARTING DATE03/01/2022
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The Université de Bretagne Occidentale (UBO) and its 5 partners (Cadiz, Gdansk, Kiel, Malta and Split) form the European Alliance SEA-EU (https://sea-eu.org/), winner of the first Erasmus+ "European Universities" call for projects for the period 2019-2022.
In January 2021, the Alliance launched the ReSEArch-EU programme to focus on the research component of the SEA-EU Alliance. This programme, fully integrated in the Alliance’s long-term strategy is a Horizon2020 project, funded under a SWAFS (Science with and for Society) call, and will run for 3 years.
You will be mainly involved in the task dedicated to ‘Designing and developing a SEA-EU long-term research plan’.
You will work closely with Vice-Presidents (Vice-Rectors), researchers of the SEA-EU universities, as well as the Alliance’s coordination team.
Research and analysis:
- Participate in or oversee the collection, pooling, assessment and analysis of data
- Research, analyse, understand and write concisely about complex research issues
- Supports the development of an inventory on the current state of Research by conducting research for information, overseeing interviews and fact-based quantitative analysis
- Identify improvement opportunities within the Alliance as well as key issues, key factors of success, other drivers and trends that could impact the Research sector, at present and in the future
- Liaise and communicate with other stakeholders
- Communicate research findings, produce written reports and make presentations
- Provide high-level, evidence-based strategic advice
Indicative gross monthly salary : starting at 3.000€
Choice of 4.5 or 5 working days per week
45 days annual leave
Possibility of working from home up to two days a week
- Application deadline: 30/09/2021
- Application file: CV + cover letter
- E-mail address for application: email@example.com
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDManagement sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELManagement sciences: PhD or equivalentOther: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentFRENCH: Good
Required experience :
- Experience of working in research, preferably in an international environment
- Significant knowledge and experience of Research (in France and/or abroad)
- A post-doctorate or Research Management experience would be an added-value
- Demonstrated success in the delivery of research projects
Background knowledge :
- Organisation and operations of the French and European Higher Education system
- Organisation and funding of Research in France and Europe
- Understanding of the general European policies, especially in terms of Research and Innovation, and of the way European bodies
- Scientific literacy
Operationnal skills :
- Research and analytical skills
- Capacity to compare and contrast different organisations
- Ability to research, assemble, manage and manipulate information
- Capable to interpret data and make it understandable to others
- Computer literacy and knowledge of packages, including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Adobe programs. Experience with basic statistics tools and software would be appreciated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, particularly those acquired in working with remote stakeholders
- Intercultural communication and interpretation skills
- Results orientated and organised with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High level of initiative
The activity involves numerous exchanges within and outside the institution. It may require travel.
EURAXESS offer ID: 658459
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.