ORGANISATION/COMPANYFaculty of Humanities, Maria Curie-Sklodowska University
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/08/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Lublin
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF THE COMPETITION:
-a PhD degree in archaeology;
- organizational experience and active participation in academic life;
- teaching experience in higher education;
- scientific articles published in journals from the A, B or C list of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education;
- publishing achievements in the field of trace evidence and study of the functions of flint artefacts, as well as the archaeology of the region from the prehistoric times, the Bronze/Iron Age and the Roman period;
- the ability to perform functional analyses of flint tools;
- experience as contractor or manager in scientific projects (Ministry of Education and Science, National Science Centre, the National Programme for the Development of Humanities, etc);
- command of a foreign language - English or German.
II. APPLICATION FOR THE COMPETITION SHOULD INCLUDE:
- an application requesting employment addressed to the Rector of UMCS;
- a copy or certified copy of the doctoral diploma;
- a personal questionnaire and resume or CV;
- a list of scientific publications;
- a list of scientific, teaching and organizational achievements;
- a declaration of compliance with the requirements specified in Article 113 of the Act on Higher Education and Science of July 20, 2018 (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2021, item 478);
- a candidate's declaration that UMCS will be their primary workplace;
- a candidate's declaration that they agree to the processing of personal data in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter a) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation);
- an appropriate opinion of a person with the academic title of professor or the academic degree of habilitated doctor confirming research and teaching aptitude of the candidate.
III. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- full-time employment under an employment contract for an indefinite period from October 1, 2021, in the primary workplace.
IV. COMPETITION APPLICATION SHOULD BE SENT TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Uniwersytet Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej
Plac Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej 4
20-031 Lublin, Poland
The deadline for submitting documents is August 13, 2021.
The competition will be settled no later than September 8, 2021.
The University does not provide housing.
The mere fact of concluding the competition does not result in entering into an employment relationship. The decision about employment is the responsibility of the Rector of the University.
The University reserves the right to close the competition procedure without taking any conclusive decision.
The competition may be entered by individuals who meet the requirements specified in the Act on Higher Education and Science of July 20, 2018 (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2021, item 478) and in the UMCS Statute of May 29, 2019, as amended.
The Maria Curie-Skłodowska University of Lublin, Pl. Marii Curie - Skłodowskiej 5, 20-031 Lublin, Poland (hereinafter: UMCS) hereby informs that the data collected in the recruitment process will be processed solely for the purpose of this process.
The applicant is required to provide data as specified in Article 22 1 of the Polish Labour Code and specific employment regulations applicable for a given position. Providing data in a wider scope than required by the regulations is voluntary. For data that goes beyond the regulatory area, the data processing shall be based on the relevant law and consent.
Pursuant to Article 7(3) of the General Data Protection Regulation, for data which goes beyond the scope set out in applicable law, the data subject shall have the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
According to Articles 15 to 21 and Article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data subject has the right of access to data, rectification, deletion or limitation of processing and the right to object to the processing, and to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority, as well as the right to transfer the data. The personal data collected will not be sold or made available to third parties, except for those authorised by law, and will not be transferred to third countries or international organizations, in a manner that would be contrary to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation.
The data will be processed by UMCS during the recruitment period, and for data processed on the basis of a consent, it will be processed until any objection or withdrawal of consent is filed, and after that for archival purposes, in accordance with UMCS' procedures, and for the purposes, for the period and in the scope required by law to secure any claims.
UMCS has appointed a person to supervise the issues of personal data processing, who can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
EURAXESS offer ID: 658130
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.