ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversidad de Salamanca
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/08/2021 12:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Salamanca
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
The candidate will explore the application of ultrashort structured pulses in ultrafast magnetism, an emerging field that is opening exciting scenarios in laser-matter interaction at the most fundamental level, merging the fields of Optics and Magnetism. The candidate will count not only with the collaboration of the research team at ALF-USAL, but also with the collaboration of the research group on simulation of magnetic nanostructures SINAMAG at USAL, in particular with Prof. Luis López-Díaz and Dr. Rocío Yanes.
Successful candidates will have the possibility to consolidate their own independent research lines and to promote collaborative research among the following research lines:
- Development of theoretical simulations of laser-matter interactions in solids, including particle-in-cell (PIC).
- Development of theoretical codes (DFT, atomistic models, etc.) to describe the interaction of structured laser pulses with magnetic materials.
- Implementation of high-performance computing simulations of laser-matter interaction with magnetic materials, with special focus on antiferromagnetic materials.
- Theoretical study of the generation of skyrmionic structures using structured laser pulses.
Theoretical study of the manipulation of magnetic properties of antiferromagnetic materials driven by femtosecond and attosecond timescales.
- To develop and implement theoretical models of laser-matter interaction along the described research lines.
- To conduct independent research as well as in collaboration with other members of the group.
- Co-advise undergraduate and Master students at University of Salamanca.
- Dynamic and international working environment.
- Training and access to a wide range of scientific facilities.
- Soft skills training.
- Employment conditions:
- Full-time employment contract initially limited to three years.
- Gross salary of 2.750 €/month.
- Estimated starting date: October-November 2021.
Interested candidates should send a CV (maximum 5 pages), a personal statement with scientific interests and reasons for applying, two contacts for recommendation letters to Dr. Carlos Hernández-García (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For further information and inquiries please contact Dr. Carlos Hernández-García (email@example.com)
- Ph.D. in Physics, Chemistry or related Engineering degree, at the date of recruitment, with experience in theoretical Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, Photonics, Magnetism and/or Condensed matter physics.
- Advanced skills in developing and implementing theoretical simulations of strong field laser-matter interaction, ultrafast magnetism and/or condensed matter physics.
- Demonstrable team working skills.
- Advanced level of English.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a promising track record of achievements appropriate to their research field and career stage. CVs will be evaluated taking into account the overall track record of the researcher in relation to their level of experience.
EURAXESS offer ID: 657854
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.