ORGANISATION/COMPANYNicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń
RESEARCH FIELDCultural studies › European studiesCultural studies › Islamic studiesOtherPhilosophy › Ethics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/08/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Toruń
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
The KNOW (Knowledge Complexity and Memory - https://imsert.umk.pl/en/center/know-team/ ) research team, operating within the University Center of Excellence IMSErt - Interacting Minds, Societies, Environments, headed by Adam Kola (https://adamkola.eu/ ), is looking for a postdoc researcher in the field of memory studies and ethnic, national, religious and sexual minorities, with a particular focus on the Muslim community in Europe, especially in Central and Eastern Europe and the Balkans. The postdoc position is part of a new project - Initiative of Excellence - Research University, under which Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun was selected as one of the ten best universities in Poland and supported by additional funds for the development of scientific potential. The Centre of Excellence IMSErt is the flagship institution within the project, the only one dedicated specifically to research in the humanities and social sciences. It is characterised by opening to new research areas, strong internationalisation, high competitiveness and scientific excellence.
Institution: Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń
Research Team: University Centre of Excellence IMSErt, KNOW team (Knowledge Complexity and Memory)
City: Toruń, Poland
Discipline: Memory and minority studies in the Balkans and/or Central and Eastern Europe
Keywords: Central and Eastern Europe, the Balkans, memory studies, ethnic, national religious, sexual minorities, the Muslim community in Europe
Planned employment: 01.10.2021
Period: 12 months with the possibility to extend the employment to 24 months
Gross salary: 11 500 PLN monthly
- Multisport card;
- Discount for cultural events;
- Extra money for vacation;
- Loans for employees;
- Thirteenth-month pay;
- Endowment for child care in kindergarten.
- Master’s degree
- PhD in Humanities
- The documents should be submitted to the secretariat of the Centre of Excellence IMSErt UMK in Toruń by email by 20.08.2021;
- The contest will be settled by 06.09.2021;
- The University does not provide accommodation.
The KNOW (Knowledge Complexity and Memory) team works in two overlapping areas: broadly defined studies on knowledge and science - both historical and contemporary, including data science, data and knowledge visualization, science mapping, network analysis. In turn, the studies on memory, starting from strictly humanistic research, open up to issues related to neuroscience, medicine, psychology and psychiatry, cognitive science. In both aspects, the comparative approach is essential, but also the starting point is significant - the specificity of Central and Eastern Europe as an area different from both Euro-Atlantic centres and postcolonial non-European areas. We form a team that uses modern research tools, exceeding disciplinary and disciplinary constraints, focusing on the problem-oriented research.
For further information regarding this position, please contact the Director of the Center of Excellence IMSErt - Adam Kola: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research focusing on one of the following fields:
- Central and Eastern European and/or Balkan studies;
- studies on ethnic, national, religious and sexual minorities, with particular reference to the Muslim community in Europe;
- Research and academic output;
- Publications in reviewed journals (with particular emphasis on those published in the Web of Science or Scopus databases); enclosing copies of three selected publications are recommended;
- active participation in international academic and research conferences;
- participating in research grant projects;
- experience in international academic cooperation (e.g. internships, academic grants, etc.).
- proficiency in English and the selected Central and Eastern European language (oral and written; all or part of the interview will be conducted by teleconference with the selected candidates).
EURAXESS offer ID: 657690
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.