ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Warsaw
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/08/2021 16:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warszawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
THE INSTITUTE OF THE AMERICAS AND EUROPE
of the University of Warsaw
on behalf of His Excellency Rector of the University of Warsaw
invites applications for the competition to fill the position of
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (ADIUNKT) at the Centre for European Regional and Local Studies (EUROREG)
holding a PhD in sociology
Group of employees: research and teaching; number of positions: 1, type of work: full-time,
period of employment – fixed-term contract
Scientific discipline: social sciences in the field of sociology
Applicants must fulfil the conditions laid down in art. 113 of the Act on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 478).
Applicants should submit the following documents:
- letter of application addressed to the Rector of the University of Warsaw;
- academic development plan;
- completed personal information form https://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp-druki-do-pobrania/;
- copy of PhD diploma or appropriate certificate of the obtained PhD degree;
- curriculum vitae including summary of research achievements and list of published papers;
- other relevant information and documents demonstrating the applicant’s interests and qualifications;
- declaration that the University of Warsaw shall be the place of primary employment for the applicant within the meaning defined in the Act on Higher Education of 20 July 2018 - https://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp-druki-do-pobrania/ ;
- Information on the processing of personal data - information clause and consent clause https://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp-druki-do-pobrania/ ;
- A statement confirming that the candidate has read and accepts the rules for conducting competitions for a research and teaching position available on the EUROREG University of Warsaw website (to be downloaded at: euroreg.uw.edu.pl in the news, in the competition announcement).
The documents must be sent as PDF files, with the applicant’s name and the advertised position written in the title of the file.
The competition constitutes the first stage in the process of recruitment for the post of an academic teacher as defined in the Statute of the University of Warsaw, and its outcome will provide the basis for further proceedings.
Applications should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The applicants will be notified about the results of the competition via email.
The deadline for the submission of applications is August 6th 2021 till 4 p.m.
Notice of the results is expected to be published by the end of September 2021.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- active participation in scientific research conducted by the EUROREG team;
- applying for European and national research grants;
- building and stewardship of an international scientific network;
- publishing in established international journals;
- strengthening the brand and position of the team in strategically-relevant areas;
- developing course curricula and conducting classes with students;
- active participation in internal operations at EUROREG;
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED LANGUAGESPOLISH: ExcellentENGLISH: Excellent
- a PhD in sociology (obtained within the past four years);
- sound knowledge of quantitative methods in sociology;
- proficiency in statistical and econometric packages and programming languages in data analysis, such as R, Phyton, Stata, SQL;
- familiarity with bibliographic and/or patent databases and experience in conducting scientificometric analyses and/or analyses based on patent data;
- documented scientific expertise, including a minimum of one article published in a Journal Citation Reports-listed journal (journals with Impact Factor index);
- active engagement in academic life, including presentations at national and international conferences;
- university-level teaching experience;
- very good command of Polish and English;
- publications in the fields of regionals studies, urban studies or public policy;
- international research experience, including a minimum of a three-month stay in a foreign research organisation;
- experience in obtaining research grants;
- experience in the implementation of research projects for public institutions and international organisations;
- documented international cooperation;
- proficiency in working with GIS software;
- practice in the implementation of innovative teaching methods;
EURAXESS offer ID: 657487
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.