ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Ostrava
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/07/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Ostrava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2021
The Dean of the Faculty of Science of the University of Ostrava announces a job vacancy
- Software architect with a focus on geographic information systems and archaeogenetics
Department of Biology and Ecology
Type of systemised position
- Specialist III
Expected Start Date
- September 1st, 2021
Estimated Amount of Work
Contract of employment
- Fixed-term contract
- Software development in at least two of the following areas:
- online databases and geography information systems;
- analysis of genomic data in archaeogenetics;
- testing demographic models of population history.
- According to the Internal Wage Regulations of UO (64 000 CZK/month including individual bonus)
List of Documents Required from the Applicant
- Consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of the selection procedure
- Structured professional CV
- Motivational letter
- Evidence of formal qualifications/education
Language in Which the Selection Process Will Be Conducted
Date, Method, Form, and Place for the Delivery of the Application and Required Documents from the Applicant
The structured professional CV, motivational letter, evidence of education, and a signed consent form regarding the processing of personal data for the purposes of the selection procedure are to be sent to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Deadline for on-time applications
- July 23rd, 2021
The first round of the selection procedure will take place without the personal presence of the candidates by the assessment of the submitted materials by the selection committee.
The Dean of the Faculty reserves the right to invite only selected candidates to a personal meeting and the right to also not select any candidate.
University of Ostrava - Faculty of Science
Bc. Lucie Malovcová
710 00 Ostrava – Slezská Ostrava
Phone: +420 553 46 2107
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- University degree in computer science/geography/archaeology/genetics (M.Sc./Mgr./Ing. or B.Sc./Bc. or an equivalent degree)
- English language competency, B2 level
- At least 5 years of experience in software design
- Proficiency in web development, Python, and R languages.
EURAXESS offer ID: 654825
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.