ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstituto de Geografia e Ordenamento do Território da Universidade de Lisboa
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE07/07/2021 19:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisboa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
OFFER STARTING DATE15/09/2021
Research Scholarship for Bachelor Degree (Licenciatura)
Summary: A research position for 1 (one) Research Grant ("Bolsa de Licenciado") is open at Instituto de Geografia e Ordenamento do Território, in the scope of project MIT-RSC - Interações Multirrisco para Cidades Resilientes e Sustentáveis (MIT-EXPL/CS/0018/2019), funded by the MIT Portugal - 2019 program (F.C.T.).
Project Reference: MIT-EXPL/CS/0018/2019-IGOT.1.21.
Scientific Area: Geography
Specific Area: Physical Geography and Spatial Planning.
Admission Requirements: The scholarships referred to in this call may be used to carry out initial R&D activities by students enrolled in Master's programs at the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning, University of Lisbon (IGOT-ULisboa).
The candidate must:
Have a degree in Geography, or in related fields;
Be enrolled in the Master's program at IGOT-ULisboa;
- Have good knowledge of Geographic Information Systems, preferably, although not mandatory, with knowledge of programming in Python and/or R;
- Have good knowledge of Portuguese and English.
The Multi-Risk Interactions for Resilient and Sustainable Cities (MIT-RSC) project is an exploratory project with a duration of 12 months, whose main objective is the development of a risk assessment procedure to measure the impacts of multiple natural hazards in urban areas of Lisbon Metropolitan Area - AML, based on the integrated analysis of their interrelationships and consequences.
- collaborate with the project team in the development of hazard assessment modules (T2), exposure (T3) and vulnerability (T4), regarding the dangers of river floods, earthquakes, mass movements on slopes, urban fires;
- collaborate in the study of mitigation strategies to be included in the disaster risk management module (T5) and respective technical validation (T6);
- participate in the writing of at least one scientific article with the results of the work, to be submitted to a peer-reviewed journal;
- the work to be carried out by the Scholarship holder within the scope of the previous tasks will be framed, in whole or in part, in a master's thesis to be completed during the academic year 2021/2022.
"Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação"; "Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P." - in its actual redaction, and "Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da Universidade de Lisboa" - in its actual redaction.
Place of work:
The work will be developed at the premises of Centro de Estudos Geográficos of Instituto de Geografia e Ordenamento do Território of University of Lisbon, under the scientific guidance to be designated.
Duration: 6 months, with the possibility of renewal.
Start date: scheduled to start in September 15th 2021, on an exclusive basis.
Monthly salary: 835,98€ according to the table of grant amounts awarded directly by FCT for positions held in Portugal (www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores ).
Curriculum evaluation (CE) comprises the following parameters:
- Curriculum Vitae (40%)
- Graduation rating (30%);
- work skills in Geographic Information Systems (ArcGIS and/or OpenSource), knowledge of programming in Python and/or R and application of models to assess the susceptibility of different dangerous processes (20%);
- level of fluency and rigor in written expression, in Portuguese and English, which can be assessed based on certification documents (10%).
The jury may, if it deems it necessary, call for an interview the candidates placed in the first 3 positions. In this case, the interview has a weight of 30%, added to the score obtained in the first selection phase, which will have a weight of 70%. The interview will take place at a date and time to be communicated to the candidates in due course.
The jury may not award the scholarship if the candidates do not correspond to the desired profile.
President of the Jury: Professor Doctor José Luís Zêzere, Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning, University of Lisbon;
1st Effective Member: Doctor Pedro Pinto Santos, Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning, University of Lisbon;
2nd Effective member: Professor Susana Pereira, Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning, University of Lisbon;
Substitute members: Professor Doctor Eusébio Reis and Professor Sérgio Oliveira, from the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning, University of Lisbon.
Communication of the results:
The final results of the evaluation will be publicized through an ordered list published on the website of the Center for Geographical Studies of the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning (http://ceg.ulisboa.pt/bolsas-e-concursos/). candidates notified by e-mail.
Application deadline and form of submission of applications:
The application period is open from June 23rd to July 7th 2021.
Applications must be sent by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, accompanied by the following documents:
a) Application presentation letter;
b) Curriculum Vitae;
c) Certificate of Qualifications. Regarding the qualification certificate, if the degree has been obtained in a foreign institution, it must be recognized by a Portuguese institution in accordance with Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16 and Ordinance no. 33/2019, of January 25, in its wording in force on the date of application;
d) Proof of enrollment in IGOT's master's program;
e) Other supporting documents considered relevant;
f) Declaration of prior consent by electronic means.
Reference to the tender Ref.ª MIT-EXPL/CS/0018/2019-IGOT.1.21 must be indicated in the subject of the application e-mail.
EURAXESS offer ID: 654374
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.