ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Rijeka Faculty of Medicine
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineeringBiological sciences › BiologyChemistry › BiochemistryMedical sciences › MedicineMedical sciences › Veterinary medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/07/2021 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCroatia › Rijeka
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
In January 2021, Croatian Science Foundation published the call for proposals "Young Researchers' Career Development Project – Training of Doctoral Students”, in order to enable active and perspective researchers-mentors, dealing with internationally and/or nationally significant topics, to include within their research projects young researchers willing to participate in scientific research and direct their career towards cutting-edge science. The overall goal is to train new doctoral students who will continue developing their career in competitive research and/or contribute to the development of new technologies in the economy.
Eligible costs of the Call include doctoral students' gross salary, with the main aim of completing a doctorate thesis and acquisition of knowledge on basic principles of scientific work and research. The amount of funding per researcher covers the total cost of the doctoral student’s annual remuneration, which includes gross salary, taxes, contributions and cost of public transportation to and from work as well as other pays and bonuses.
In accordance with aforementioned, University of Rijeka Faculty of Medicine, Rijeka, Croatia is seeking a highly motivated researcher for the position of assistant on the project “NK cells in pathogenesis of congenital cytomegalovirus infection” at the Center for Proteomics.
How to apply: Please submit your application to email@example.com or at the address “University of Rijeka Faculty of Medicine, Department of Human Resources and Legal Affairs, Brace Branchetta 20, 51000 Rijeka“ indicating the following: "Center for Proteomics – open position announcement for the position of assistant on the project “NK cells in pathogenesis of congenital cytomegalovirus infection”.”
- letter of application (motivation letter)
- copy (scan) of the degree certificate
- grade transcript
- at least one letter of reference (from the candidate´s thesis supervisor or professor at the undergraduate studies) or contact details of one referee
- a confirmation of enrolment in PhD program, if applicable
Application deadline: 30 days following the Open position announcement
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentChemistry: Master Degree or equivalentMedical sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentCROATIAN: Mother Tongue
Required qualifications and other conditions:
- Mandatory criteria:
- in accordance with the provisions of the Science and Higher Education Act of the Republic of Croatia and general acts of the University of Rijeka and Faculty of Medicine on selection of candidates for scientific-teaching, teaching and associate positions
- possession of a university/master’s degree in the field of natural sciences (biology, molecular biology, experimental biology, biochemistry), biomedicine and health (medicine, veterinary medicine, medical biochemistry) or biotechnology (biotechnology, molecular biotechnology, bioprocess engineering)
- overall grade point average at the previous levels of study that enables the enrolment in the doctoral programme
- fluency in English language
- advanced IT skills
- Additional criteria:
- previous recognition and awards for excellence in research
- participation in scientific research, publications, presentations at scientific conferences
EURAXESS offer ID: 653543
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.