ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDEnvironmental science › Earth science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE29/06/2021 15:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPoland › Sopot
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2021
The person employed at this position will conduct research on cycling of organic contaminants in marine polar ecosystems and in the Baltic Sea including the influence of these compounds on organisms. The research will focus on bioaccumulation and biomagnification processes and the role of plastic in the transfer of organic contaminants.
- participation in research cruises and field works, collection and chemical analysis of environmental samples,
- development and implementation of new analytical methods,
- publishing the obtained results in the form of scientific articles in journals listed in the Journal Citation Report (JCR) database,
- presenting research results at seminars, international and national conferences,
- preparation and submission of grant applications.
- Application for employment
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Copy of the diploma
- List of scientific achievements
- List of publications
- Completed personal questionnaire
- Declaration of familiarization with the service on the processing of personal data*
Please include signed document with the following consent clause:
(place and date)
(Applicant's name and surname)
DECLARATION ON BEING INFORMED ABOUT THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
I hereby declare that I have read the following information on
processing of my personal data in the recruitment process, provided by
the Institute of Oceanology Polish Institute of Science in accordance
with Article 13 RODO.
signature of the declarant
1) the Institute is the controller of the personal data of a person participating in the recruitment process,
2) contact details of the controller: registered office at PowstancowWarszawy 55 str.,81-712 Sopot,(+48 58) 73 11 600, fax:(+48 58) 551 21 30;e-mail: email@example.com,
3) contact with Data Protection Officer at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
4) the controller collects and processes personal data in the recruitment process for the following purposes:
a) for the purpose of recruitment of the candidate with whom the employment contract will be concluded - pursuant to Article 6(1)(b) and
(c) of the RODO and Article 221(1) and (2) of the Labour Code,
b) to defend against claims related to the ongoing recruitment process-pursuant to Article 6(1)(f) of the RODO,
5) in the case of processing personal data to a greater extent than that resulting from the regulations of law, the processing of such data by the controller shall be carried out on the basis of a separate consent-pursuant to Article 6(1)(a) of the RODO,
6) personal data will be processed for the period necessary to achieve the purposes indicated in point4,
7) personal data of persons participating in the recruitment process will be processed on behalf of the controller by authorized employees,
8) personal data of person participating in the recruitment process may be made available to other entities authorised to obtain data on the basis of legal regulations,
9) the person participating in the recruitment process, has the following rights: to gain access to the content of his/her personal
data, to rectify and to complete personal data, to demand that the processing of personal data be restricted and, if it’s possible under
the regulations of the RODO, the right to delete personal data, the right to transfer data and the right to object to processing of personal data.
10) if any data is processed by the Institute on the basis of consent the person participating in the recruitment shall have the right to
withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of consent prior to its withdrawal,
11) a person participating in the recruitment shall have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of
12) the obligation to provide personal data resulting from regulations of law is a statutory requirement, in the remaining scope is voluntary,
13) no automated decision will be taken with regard to your personal data.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEnvironmental science: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- scientific achievements in line with the topics of the planned research, documented by publications in journals from the JCR list;
- documented knowledge of chromatographic methods;
- experience in laboratory work, development and implementation of new analytical methods to apply in the conducted research, interpretation of the obtained results, in particular experience in analysis of persistent organic pollutants including dioxins and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in marine abiotic and biotic samples;
- experience in work on research vessels in polar regions;
- experience in collection of biological samples;
- experience in lipid analysis in orgnaisms and sediments
- experience in determination of the age of sediments;
- documented experience in presenting scientific results at national and international conferences;
- experience in leading and implementation of research projects;
- knowledge of statistical analysis tools used in environmental research;
- very good spoken and written English and Polish.
- experience in reporting,
- experience in popular science activities,
- ability to work independently and in team,
- experience in organizing scientific conferences,
- scientific awards.
EURAXESS offer ID: 652727
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.