ORGANISATION/COMPANYFaculty of Geodesy, University in Zagreb
RESEARCH FIELDAstronomy › Astrophysics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/07/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCroatia › Zagreb
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
University of Zagreb
Faculty of Geodesy
THE OPEN CALL
For two positions of a PhD student (M/F), position of the type I in the associate title - assistant, in the scientific field: Natural sciences, scientific field: Physics (temporary position - 4 years, full time) in the organizational unit Hvar Observatory, Faculty of Geodesy, University of Zagreb.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (both positions):
1) completed appropriate graduate or integrated study of physics, geophysics, mathematics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or computing
2) Total average scores at previous study levels (undergraduate, graduate or integrated study) must be at least 3.50 according to the Croatian grading scale
3) knowledge of English
SPECIFIC SELECTION CRITERIA (both positions):
1) commitment to collaborative work
2) a high level of motivation
3) good communication skills
4) past participation in scientific research, published papers, personal presentations at scientific conferences
5) past experience in the fields of astrophysics, plasma physics, solar and heliospheric physics, geomagnetism and/or space-weather
6) recognitions, awards, etc. for excellence in studies and research
7) knowledge of Python and IDL programming languages
8) recommendations from former mentors, professors or associates
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC TASKS FOR POSITION 1:
- Research of interaction between coronal mass ejections and coronal holes using remote sensing and in situ observations, as well as MHD modelling (in the scope of the HRZZ project ICOHOSS, https://oh.geof.unizg.hr/index.php/en/projects/icohoss)
- attending a postgraduate doctoral study of physics at the University of Zagreb under supervision by dr. Mateja Dumbovic and co-supervision by dr. Manuela Temmer from the University of Graz
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC TASKS FOR POSITION 2:
- Research of the solar chromosphere using ALMA radio observations, as well as other ground-based and space-based instruments (in the scope of the HRZZ project MSOC, https://oh.geof.unizg.hr/MSOC/index.php)
- attending a postgraduate doctoral study of physics at the University of Zagreb under supervision of dr. Roman Brajsa
DESCRIPTION OF OTHER TASKS (both positions):
- scientific training in the field of solar and heliospheric physics (scientific stays at other institutions, summer schools, scientific workshops)
- presentation of research results at international scientific meetings and publication of scientific papers in international peer-review journals (three first-author papers are expected)
- (optional) public outreach engagement, participation in the organization of international scientific meetings, performing solar observations
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION (both positions):
2) a copy of a degree certificate of the appropriate graduate or integrated study
3) a copy of the certified transcript of the grades with the calculated average (certificate of transcript of all grades acquired in undergraduate study and calculated average of the grades); if in the enclosed transcript of the evaluation the Croatian grading scale (1-5) is not used, it is necessary to indicate correspondence to the ECTS grading scale (A, B, C, D, E, F)
4) certified copy of the citizenship certificate or e-citizenship certificate (Croatian citizens) or a document from which citizenship is visible (foreign citizens)
5) certificate of knowledge of Croatian or English language (for foreign citizens)
The applications are submitted electronically to email@example.com. Based on the received applications, online interview of selected candidates will be carried out using Zoom/Skype (candidates will be informed of the term e-mail testing). For candidates from institutions that do not have a Croatian grading scale (1-5) applications with an average below 'C' according to the ECTS grading scale will not be considered. The contract of employment with the final selected candidate will be signed for a period of 4 years, after the approval of the Croatian Science Foundation. Before signing the contract, the selected candidate will have to enclose a certificate of the competent court that criminal proceedings are not being conducted against them (not older than six months) and a proof of working experience (if any). If the selected candidate has a degree certificate issued by a foreign institution, they will have to obtain a decision on the academic recognition of foreign higher education qualifications issued by the University of Zagreb in order to enroll postgraduate studies.
Job applications can be submitted by persons of both sexes (article 13. of the Act on Gender Equality, National Gazette number: 82/08, 69/17).
The applicants who have priority right according to the special law are obliged to refer to such right and attach the proof of such a status. Such applicants have advantage over other applicants only under identical conditions.
The Faculty of Geodesy, University in Zagreb collects and processes personal data of the applicants participating in the job competition for the purpose of checking the qualification and competition requirements in accordance with the Regulation on Protection and Processing of Personal Data (Ref.No.: 602-08/18-07/03, File No.: 380-65-07-03-18-2 of 13. November 2018).
Incomplete and late applications shall not be considered for selection.
The procedure of the selection of applicants (interview or testing) and the results of competition procedure will be announced on the official Internet site of the Faculty of Geodesy, University in Zagreb
Job applications with references related to the requirements of application invitation should be delivered to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The call for applications is open 30 days after the announcement.
University of Zagreb
Faculty of Geodesy
EURAXESS offer ID: 652499
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.