ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Minho
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Materials engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/07/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Guimarães
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK35
UNIVERSITY OF MINHO
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR A RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
It is now open a call for applications for a Research fellowship in the framework of the project ADD_Additive - Add additive manufacturing to Portuguese industry, operation code POCI-01-0247-FEDER-024533, co-financed by the European Structural and Investment Funds in the FEDER component, through the Operational Programme Competitiveness and Internationalization (POCI) in the framework of the Programme “Portugal 2020”, under the following conditions:
1.Scientific field: Science and Engineering of Polymers and Composites
2.Applicants: Students enrolled in a PhD program or in a course that does not lead to an academic degree as part of the educational project of a higher education institution, with a master's degree in Engineering of Polymer, Materials, or similar.
3. Candidate Eligibility: Applicants must meet the eligibility conditions provided in article 9 of the Research Fellowships and Grants Regulation of FCT I.P (2019).
4.Work plan: The work to be developed is part of the activities of the project "ADD_Additive - Add additive manufacturing to Portuguese industry", in which it is intended to explore the production of parts/components by additive manufacturing to be placed in polymeric injection molds, that is, the process of hybridization. It is intended to internalize knowledge, implement processes and procedures for hybrid solutions with total quality assurance. In this context, the following tasks are aimed: (i) development of CAD solutions and simulation analysis of the overmoulding process, of the CAD solutions developed, through specific CAE software; and (ii) production of parts/components by additive manufacturing and insertion into a polymer injection mold to produce hybrid products; (iii) qualitative and functional evaluation of fabricated hybrid products and optimization of concepts and processes.
5. Applicable legislation and regulation: Research Fellowship Holder Statute, approved by the Law No. 40/2004 of August 18th, in the version published by Decree-Law No. 123/2019 of August 28th; Regulation of Research Fellowships and Grants of the Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P. - in force, and Regulation of Scientific Research Scholarships of the University of Minho.
6. Workplace and Scientific Orientation: The activities will be developed at the Polymers and Composites Institute of the University of Minho, under the scientific supervision of Professor António Pontes.
7. Duration of scholarship(s): The scholarship will last for 6 months, planned to begin on July 2021. The scholarship contract may eventually be renewed up to the project execution limit.
8.Value of the Monthly Maintenance Subsidy: The scholarship amount corresponds to 1 104.64 euros, according to the table of scholarship values of the FCT, I.P. in the Country (Annex I – Table of Monthly Maintenance Subsidy of the Regulation for Research Fellowships of the FCT I.P. Other benefits: Voluntary Social Insurance reimbursement, corresponding to the 1st scale of earnings of the contributory base (for scholarships lasting 6 months or more) and Personal Accident Insurance.
9. Composition of the Selection Jury: The jury is composed by the president, Professor António José Vilela Pontes, by the effective members Professors Júlio César Viana and António Manuel Brito and by the alternate members Professor Fernando Moura Duarte and Carla Martins.
In case of impediment of the President of the Jury, he will be substituted by the first effective member, being appointed the alternate member to replace the effective member.
10. Evaluation and selection criteria and procedures: The evaluation of the applications will focus on the candidate's Merit, applying the following evaluation criteria, valued on a scale of 1 to 5 values:
Candidate's Merit - MC (100%):
- Academic path (which reflects the scored of academic degrees), with a weighting of 50%
- Personal curriculum (which reflects the scientific and professional experience), with a weighting of 40%
- Motivation letter, with a weighting of 10%.
The final classification of the candidate’s merit is calculated according to the following formula:
Documents proving the ownership of academic degrees and diplomas, or their respective recognition when they have been awarded by foreign higher education institutions, may be dispensed at the application stage, being replaced by a declaration of honor by the candidate, with the verification of this condition occurring only in phase of contracting the scholarship. This statement must attest facts that occurred on a date prior to the application. In situations of divergence between the information contained in the declaration and the documentation submitted for the purpose of contracting a scholarship, only the information contained in the latter will be considered. If it is verified that the documents proving the ownership of the academic degree and diploma, or the respective recognition under the terms of Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16, do not correspond to the classifications awarded in the evaluation of the academic path and may, consequently, change the candidate's ranking, the scholarship contracting will not be effected.
11. Disclosure of results: The results of the evaluation, substantiated in a minute, will be sent to the candidates by email, within 90 working days after the deadline for submission of applications.
If the result is unfavorable to the granting of the requested scholarship, the candidates have a period of 10 working days to comment, if desired, in the context of a prior hearing to the interested parties, pursuant to articles 121 and 122 of the Code of Administrative Procedure (DL nº 4 /2015 of January 7th).
12. Complaint and Appeal Procedures: The final results of the evaluation will be publicized through a sorted list (alphabetically, by the final grade obtained), posted in a visible and public place of the Host Institution, as well as by email to all candidates, attaching, for this purpose, the minutes with the deliberations of the jury.
The selected candidate must state in writing their intention to accept the scholarship. In case of non-acceptance, the scholarship will be awarded to the candidate in order of final ranking.
A complaint may be filed against the final decision, within 15 working days, addressed to the President of the Jury. Interested parties may also present an optional hierarchical appeal, addressed to the Pro-Rector for Research and Projects, Professor Dr. Filipe Vaz.
13. Application deadline and form of submission of applications: The call for applications is open from June 16th to July 1st.
Applications must be formalized, obligatorily, by sending an application letter accompanied by the following documents: curriculum vitae; certificate of qualifications or declaration of the candidate; proof of enrollment in the course you are attending; motivation letter).
Applications should be sent by email to (firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating the application/fellowship reference as the e-mail Subject. Applications sent by other means will not be accepted.
EURAXESS offer ID: 652154
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.