ORGANISATION/COMPANYInternational Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/07/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
Laboratory of Cell Biology https://bit.ly/3ptdp4V at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (IIMCB), headed by Professor Marta Miączyńska is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher.
You will join the project entitled “AXL receptor signaling in cancer cell growth and drug resistance” carried out as the OPUS grant (DEC-2020/39/B/NZ3/03429) of the National Science Centre, Poland.
The project aims to investigate the molecular mechanisms of AXL receptor signaling that regulates cancer cell growth. Specifically, we will study how the AXL receptor and its ligand GAS6 stimulate uptake of nutrients from the extracellular environment via macropinocytosis. We will also determine whether and how this phenomenon contributes to drug resistance of cancer cells and, consequently, to the growth of tumors despite the applied therapy. The project is based on our previous studies in which we identified the AXL receptor interactome and discovered that AXL binds numerous proteins that regulate actin cytoskeleton dynamics. Through such interactions, activation of AXL receptor stimulates the formation of peripheral and circular membrane ruffles that promote macropinocytosis and ultimately lead to cell invasion (see the preprint of our manuscript at https://bit.ly/3fFHeLo for more details).
- Full employment contract for 48 months (initial contract for 6 months)
- Gross monthly remuneration: 7350 PLN/month - 7600 PLN/month, net approx. 5800 PLN/month - 6000 PLN/month (the final monthly gross salary will be calculated individually during the employment process, taking into account the length of service). Additional bonuses such as the 13th salary after working for the Institute for six months in a given calendar year, or Christmas bonus may supplement this salary.
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
- Benefits including a reduced rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport program
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
- Participation in international conferences
Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/3bf9DXw
How to apply:
- Apply now to email@example.com
- In the subject include "Postdoc Opus_Miaczynska" and your first and last name
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV including a full list of publications, educational record, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contact details at least two potential referees, including one of your direct supervisors
- Please include the following statement in your Curriculum vitae: "I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process." Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/3c4rEH9
- The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalent
As a Postdoctoral Researcher you will investigate if and how GAS6-AXL signaling induces macropinocytic scavenging of different nutrients by starved cancer cells, which AXL interactors are involved in this process and by which mechanisms they act. In addition to experimental work, you will be responsible for data analyses, preparation of figures and manuscripts, keeping up to date with literature in the field, presenting the project results at internal and external meetings and conferences. You will be expected to collaborate with other team members.
Requirements for the candidate:
- Doctoral degree in biology, biotechnology or related fields
- Fulfilment of the formal criteria of the competition https://bit.ly/2SdXpHO (particular section 2.1)
- Experience in cell culture, molecular biology and/or biochemistry techniques; expertise in membrane trafficking/macropinocytosis and confocal microscopy will be a plus
- Ability to plan and execute a research project
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- Proactive approach to achieving tasks and objectives, good interpersonal skills, a collaborative attitude
- Motivation and passion for experimental research work
- Analytical thinking, willingness to learn and take new challenges, ability to work independently and to take an initiative
- At least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 651566
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.