ORGANISATION/COMPANYUNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/07/2021 00:00 - Europe/London
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
University of Nottingham Ningbo China
Nottingham Ningbo China Beacons of Excellence Research and Innovation Institute
Assistant Professor in Intelligent Manufacturing/Investigator
Closing Date: 9 July 2021
University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) invites applications for the Research Centre for Intelligent Manufacturing, part of Nottingham Ningbo China Beacons of Excellence Research and Innovation Institute (CBI). This is an exciting opportunity to participate in Beacons of Excellence global research initiative by The University of Nottingham, spearhead research strategy development and join a world class team from the ground up at a new research institution strongly supported by UNNC and the Ningbo government, as well as take advantage of the opportunities in collaborations between industry and academia, and funding agencies in China offered by this great platform.
The role holder will be expected to deliver individual and collaborative research in the area of Intelligent Manufacturing. Reporting to the Head of Research Centre for Intelligent Manufacturing, the role holder will play a key research project member role in the Intelligent Manufacturing Research Center of CBI.
The incumbent will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Research Development: Take the responsibilities to plan, develop and conduct individual and/or collaborative research objectives, projects and proposals either as an individual or as part of a broader programme in the area of Intelligent Manufacturing or other relevant areas; Generate income by developing and winning support for innovative research proposals and funding bids.
- Engagement with Internal and External Stakeholders: Build relationships and collaborate actively with internal and external contacts, nationally and if appropriate internationally, to complete research projects and to advance the discipline; Represent the Institute on various committees and working groups in the wider Research Centre and outside of the CBI.
- Teaching and PhD supervision: Responsible for teaching related duties in areas such as admissions, timetabling, examinations, student attendance; Deliver lectures and provide advice, instruction and examination in the subject and supervising PhD students.
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
- You should have PhD or equivalent in relevant subject area;
- You should have sufficient breadth or depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline to develop research programmes and methodologies
- You should have experience of developing research methodologies and devising models, approaches, techniques, critiques and methods
- You should have research experience within the area of Intelligent Manufacturing
- You should have experience and achievement in Intelligent Manufacturing, reflected in growing and consistent national reputation
- You should have evidence of reasonable publication record
About CBI and UNNC
Nottingham Ningbo China Beacons of Excellence Research and Innovation Institute (CBI) is an exciting new collaboration between the city of Ningbo and UNNC, designed to establish multi-disciplinary, international, first-class research teams in key areas related to the economic development needs of Ningbo. The Institute primarily addresses prominent issues in three areas – Intelligent Manufacturing, Green Chemicals and Energy, Life Sciences and Healthcare, all of which are closely connected with local development goals. Each of the three areas will have a dedicated research centre hosting leading scholars and researchers.
UNNC was the first Sino-foreign University to open its doors in China. Located in Ningbo, this award winning campus offering a UK style education has grown to a student body of over 8,000 in 16 years. As part of the University of Nottingham which also has its main campus in the UK and another campus in Malaysia, UNNC is a pioneering institution that provides exceptional education and an outstanding learning experience to its students. UNNC delivers world-leading research that transforms lives. UNNC serves as a strong foundation of and support for CBI.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support
Successful candidate will be offered a five-year contract initially that may be extended by mutual agreement. CBI and UNNC are committed to providing competitive employment packages while supporting the wellbeing of our staff to help them reach their full potential. We offer international highly competitive salary package and a range of benefits and entitlements, including employment support allowance to support your rental and home flight needs, international private medical insurances, schooling support, first arrival and repatriation allowance, and paid annual leave. Start-up research funding will also be provided to you and your team based on research needs and CBI evaluation.
How to Apply
Only on-line applications will be accepted. Referees will be contacted prior to interview.
Informal enquiries may be addressed via email: CBIHR@nottingham.edu.cn. If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resources Office, Tel: 86-574-88180000 ext 8564.
Equality and Diversity
UNNC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age*, socio-economic background, disability, religious or political beliefs, trade union membership, family circumstances, sexual orientation or other irrelevant distinction.
EURAXESS offer ID: 650969
Posting organisation offer ID: 256922
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.