ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Pompeu Fabra - ETIC
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/07/2021 02:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE15/07/2021
The Wireless Networking research group aims to explore new concepts, communication paradigms and technologies for future wireless networks.
This job offer is part of the call for Emerging Technologies projects (RIS3CAT).
We are looking for a dynamic and autonomous person to design, implement and test communications protocols for wireless sensor networks. Moreover, it is also contemplated the task of integrating those networks into processing data apps in order to apply Machine Learning methods is sought to obtain a better performance and optimization of an ambiental monitoring network in an urban environment (Smart Cities). His/her work will be done within the FEM IoT project, co-financed by the Directorate General of Research of Generalitat de Catalunya within the call RIS3CAT Emerging Technologies through the program for the European Fund for Regional Development (ERDF).
• Capture and documentation of requirements for the system
• Design and testing of different communication protocols
• Development of hardware elements for the integration of systems
• Testing and integration of components and system
• Creation of publications in congresses and magazines
Project management tasks
• Compliance with the goals of the work plan
• Drafting of reports
• Monitoring of the project with the rest of the consortium Required technical skills
- Gross monthly salary to be assessed based on the value of the candidate. Full time (35 hours per week). Fixed-term contract with an approximate duration of 12 months.
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELTechnology: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Required technical skills
• Experience in programming applications and communication protocols for wireless networks or sensors, such as 6LoWPAN, IEEE 802.15.4, Zigbee
• Statistical knowledge for the analysis of results
• Use of simulation techniques
• Machine Learning Methods for network optimization
• Knowledge in embedded devices
• Knowledge in low consumption networks Management skills
• Experience in participation and management of R & D projects (technical, budget, etc.)
• Catalan and English (minimum First Certificate in English). Other languages will be valued
EURAXESS offer ID: 650781
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.