RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/06/2021 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSweden › Lund
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
Subject description Biotechnology is an area of central significance for the transition to a sustainable society. In this research discipline, microorganisms or their components are developed and utilized using environmentally sustainable methods to achieve technical products and services. The researcher position is placed at the Department of Chemistry, Division of Biotechnology, which conducts research and education at undergraduate and graduate level within various branches of biotechnology. The specific research areas being pursued are industrial biotechnology, environmental biotechnology and biotechnology for health, involving both fundamental and applied aspects. Environmental biotechnology involves the use of microorganisms and or enzymes to solve old/ongoing problems and prevent future problems. This includes, taking care of sewage and developing environmentally friendly technologies and methods for future production of chemicals and energy carriers. Specifically, this employment aims at research on the production of energy carriers, especially biogas.
- Lead and perform research tasks in the project 51445-1 “Increased biogas production through industrial symbiosis – co-digestion of steam pretreated straw and sewage sludge, at the Division of Biotechnology, financed by the Swedish energy agency.
- Supervise and perform operation, surveillance and control of continuous biogas processes.
- Lead Tecnoeconomic modelling.
- Assist in the preparation of course material in environmental biotechnology.
- Supervise degree projects and doctoral students.Be a driving force in initiating specific and multidisciplinary research projects in environmental biotechnology at the Division of Biotechnology by actively seeking external research funding.Create manuscripts for publishing in peer reviewed journals. Collaborate with industry and wider society.Lead and perform administration related to the work duties listed above.
Qualification requirements Applicant must have:
- A PhD or equivalent research qualification in Biotechnology or an equivalent subject.
- Very good oral and written proficiency in English, and good communication abilities.
- Good oral and written proficiency in Swedish.
- Experience of participation and cooperation in multidisciplinary projects.
- Extensive research experience in biogas production, in lab and pilot scale.
- Experience in working with mixed microbial cultures.
- Experience in supervision of students.
- Experience of developing material for undergraduate courses.
- Experience of project management and collaboration with national/ international partners and the wider society.
Assessment criteria and other qualifications Consideration will also be given to good collaborative skills, drive and independence, and how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen ongoing research within the department, and how they stand to contribute to its future development.
Terms of employment Permanent position, 50 %. Probationary employment might be applied
Instructions on how to apply Applications shall be written in English. LTH uses a special qualifications portfolio to report and document qualifications – see link below. This is to be used also for appointments of researchers. Upload the application as PDF-files in the recruitment system. Read more:http://www.lth.se/english/working-at-lth/to-apply-for-academic-positions-at-lth/
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: PhD or equivalent
EURAXESS offer ID: 650651
Posting organisation offer ID: 410680
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.