ORGANISATION/COMPANYOsloMet - storbyuniversitetet
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Computer systems
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/06/2021 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNorway › Oslo
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
Staff Engineer/Head Engineer IT OperationsDepartment of Computer Science is looking for an Engineer for IT operations
The Department of Computer Science is looking for an Engineer for IT operations, to a temporary substitute position for the period from September 1st, 2021, to December 31st, 2022. The department is one of five departments under the Faculty of Technology, Art and Design, OsloMet. The department has extensive teaching and research activities, with a strong focus on a combination of high academic quality and industrial relevance. The work will be related to student support and facilitation of the department's core activities through planning, roll-out, maintenance and operation of its digital services. Assignment activities and completion of laboratory exercises as well as supervision of students will be included as main work tasks.
The person who is appointed will be given exciting work tasks, such as testing of new technologies, hardware and software, have extensive collaboration with teaching staff and regular contact with students and any external clients. There are also good opportunities for active participation in research projects and teaching for those who wish. Read more about the department https://www.oslomet.no/om/tkd/it
Tasks and responsibilities
- Solution manager for the department's own cloud portfolio (we use OpenStack)
- Support students' and employees' use of new technology through the development and maintenance of documentation
- Work related to procurement for teaching, student projects and research projects, including assisting with estimation and development of requirements specifications
- Maintenance, ensure availability, use and procurement of hardware that falls outside the existing procurement processes
- Assist with support for users of the department's own digital services, carry out continuous monitoring and maintenance of the department's own digital services and plan future upgrades or new technological focus areas
- Contribute to OsloMet's ongoing digitization process by being a driving force for new technology to be used
- Opportunity to participate in teaching (e.g. in programming)
- Conduct coordination meetings with relevant professional resources both internally in the department, and with other relevant departments
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (information technology, systems development, computer science/engineering, computer security, or related fields).
- Good knowledge of linux, networking, data security, cloud-based services, DevOps, system planning, documentation, configuration and error handling
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required
- Experience with automation and product development within self-service and cloud services
When evaluating the applications, we will emphasize
- Experience from teaching / supervising students
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Rancher, or other container management and orchestration tools
- Practical skills in the relevant subject area
- Competence in purchasing processes
- Proficiency in Norwegian, or a Scandinavian language
It is an advantage that you have
- Have the ability to work independently, and also in teams with other engineers and teaching staff
- Have the ability to take responsibility for planning and carrying out the required tasks
- Have good collaboration and communication skills, and the ability to explain complicated things in a simple way
- Is flexible and willing to learn and further develop new skills in line with professional and technological development
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavors to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. If there are periods where you have not been in work, under education or in training, you are also welcome to apply.
- An exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest and most urban university
- Opportunities for academic development in a professional research environment
- A dynamic work environment and active research groups
- Loan and pension arrangements through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Flexible working hours and good welfare schemes
You must upload certificates and all aspects of diplomas. The documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language. Translations must be authorized. You must present originals at a possible interview. OsloMet conducts control of documents, so that you as a candidate will get a real evaluation and fair competition. If you have documents that can’t be uploaded electronically, please contact HRTKD@oslomet.no.
For more information about the position, feel free to contact:
- Head of Department, Laurence Habib, telephone number +47 67 23 86 57, or
- Head of Group, Boning Feng, telephone number +47 67 23 87 14
The position is paid in accordance with the State's salary regulations, 1085 Staff Engineer, salary range ltr. 40 – 52 (NOK 387 900 – 466 500 per year), or 1087 Head Engineer, salary range ltr. 53 - 60 (NOK 474 500 - 535 200 per year), depending on the competence. For specially qualified applicants, higher salaries can be considered.
If you want to apply for the position you must apply electronically.
Application deadline: 25.06.2021
OsloMet has implemented Charter & Code and is certified by the EU Commission
HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R).
OsloMet participates in the EU network for mobility of researchers Euraxess
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCENone
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
EURAXESS offer ID: 650649
Posting organisation offer ID: 411938
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.