RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/07/2021 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Leiden
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER955879
DRUGtrain is an EU MSCA-funded Research Training Network offering a timely paradigm for multidisciplinary research on the improvement of drug repurposing and development of compound strategies, with Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease (ADPKD) as example.
DRUGtrain offers innovative, multidisciplinary and intersectoral training to 9 Early Stage Researchers introducing them in the field of drug repurposing and discovery to enhance career perspective in an expanding area that underpins innovative technological development across a range of diverse disciplines.
9 ESR research projects have been defined to address the following key challenges: 1) Identify potential drug targets and drug candidates for repurposing using innovative bio-informatics and cheminformatics approaches; 2) Perform drug testing/drug screenings in advanced in vitro and in vivo models, ultimately leading to testing of new treatment strategies; 3) Clarify drug mechanisms, and identify and reduce adverse events using state-of-the-art technologies from in silico and wet lab methodologies.
Six universities, four private sector companies and one NGO will join forces to train a next generation of multidisciplinary researchers in (bio)pharmaceutical sciences.
- At the date of selection, the candidate must be within the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of your research career and not have a doctoral degree.
- At the time of selection, the candidate must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment.
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented early career researcher holding a Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in biology. Excellent command of spoken and written English, communication skills as well as team spirit are essential. We are offering a competitive, interdisciplinary environment with a track record of intense mutual collaboration. In addition to the individual training-through-research our programme includes further elements such as workshops, summer schools, internships and secondments to the partners’ laboratories.
Goal of this role:
Your work will support the execution of experiments for commercial projects. Your main duty is to undertake lab activities for customer and internal projects under the direction of project leader(s). Interest in PKD or kidney disease in general is desirable, but not essential. This role reports to the Department Head and to Project Leader(s) on daily operations. General lab duties will be carried out under the direction of the Lab Manager
- Execute experiments for commercial and internal projects under the direction of the project leader.
- Plan and execute assigned laboratory tasks; cell culture, seeding 384 well plates, exposing culture plates
- fixing culture plates.
- Use brightfield microscope to capture 384 well plates for analysis, and plate reader for additional read out such as cAMP and ATPlite assays.
- Fill up experimental QC forms.
- Carry out tasks accurately and following instructions and standard protocols.
- Record precisely performed activities.
- Contribute with ideas for developing or improving experiments or research questions.
- Conduct desk research.
- Prepare and store samples and reagents.
- Help to keep equipment and labs in a clean and workable condition.
To be successful at this role you should have the following skills:
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Working precisely and clean with attention to details.
- Problem solving.
- Flexibility and multitasking.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skill.
- Good record keeping, math and basic computing skills.
EURAXESS offer ID: 649819
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.