ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Academy of Sciences, The Vienna Institute of Demography (VID)
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Database managementComputer science › ProgrammingComputer science › Systems designDemography
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/06/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Job ID: VID047AS121
The Vienna Institute of Demography (VID) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria’s leading non-university research and science institution, analyses the demographic development in all its dimensions in Austria, Europe and the world and deals with its effects on society, economy and environment. The VID is offering an
Academy Scientist (f*m)
(full-time / 40h per week)
The VID is looking for an Academy Scientist to join the Institute for a duration of 6 years with tenure option after three years.
- Computational agent-based modelling
- Design, development and programming of computational agent-based models to investigate topics in socio-economics, environmental economics and demography
- Designing and conducting computational agent-based simulation experiments
- Verification, calibration and validation of agent-based models
- Statistical data analysis and visualisation of simulation experiment results
- Data management, statistical analysis, data visualisation
- Set up of digital social surveys, design and programming of online questionnaires (CAWI, CATI)
- Monitoring and conducting pilot surveys
- Data cleaning and data management of surveys
- Statistical analysis and visualisation of survey results
- Applicants shall have a PhD within the field of applied computer science and social sciences, ideally several years of experience in the field of agent-based modelling, data management and data visualization and vast experience in computer programming and computer simulation methodologies.
- Excellent German and English skills are needed.
- Flexibility, communication skills, creativity and independence are important.
- Interesting field of activity in a stimulating environment
- Central downtown location
- Possibility to work independently
Earliest start of the employment is July 1, 2021. For this position we offer an annual gross salary according to collective agreement of € 49.718,34 and the possibility to negotiate according to experience.
Please send your application including a CV, a letter of motivation, a list of publications or a link to an online list of publications, degree certificates via e-mail to email@example.com (mentioning Job ID: VID047AS121) no later than June 20, 2021. Job interviews will take place either physically or via video call.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. The OeAW lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
EURAXESS offer ID: 649256
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.