ORGANISATION/COMPANYHelio Display Materials Ltd
RESEARCH FIELDChemistryPhysics › Applied physics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/07/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONUnited Kingdom › Begbroke
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER956270
Early Stage Researcher / PhD Position at Helio Display Materials Ltd
PERovskite SEmiconductors for PHOtoNics
The European Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network PERSEPHONe brings together 8 academic institutions, 3 SMEs, and 1 multinational company from five EU and 1 EU-13 Countries, and supported by 9 partners. PERSEPHONe’s overall objective is to generate new skills, knowledge and innovation for the development of a novel technological platform for photonics based on metal-halide perovskite semiconductors. This will happen by giving 14 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) exposure to a wide spectrum of expertise: materials synthesis, photonic (and optoelectronic) devices and integrated circuits fabrication, characterization, and modelling, upscaling and manufacturing together with a powerful set of soft skills. Crucial for the success of such Programme is the multidisciplinarity and intersectoriality of the network, which will allow the young researcher to genuinely discover and/or feed her/his attitude while having an impact on a relevant scientific and technological field. The entire Network has also the mission of disseminate to various audience (scientific community, young people, stakeholders, etc.) the scientific and technological achievements.
PERSEPHONe Partners are the following: Fondazione Istituto italiano Di Tecnologia (IT), Politecnico di Milano (IT), University of Naples Federico II (IT), Linkoping University (SE), University of Valencia, (ES), Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientific (ES), Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (CH), University of Oxford (UK), AMO GmbH (DE), Dectris (CH) and Helio Display Materials Ltd (UK).
During the programme each ESR will undertake at least 1 secondment, lasting 2 months or more. Most of the ESRs employed by an academic partner will have at least one secondment with an industrial partner.
We are looking for 14 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) to be appointed at the host organisations within PERSEPHONe.
Helio Display Materials Ltd (Oxford, UK) offers 1 Fellowship as described below:
Highly emissive perovskites for LEDs and colour conversion with improved thermal and photo-stability. The ESR will develop efficient and stable blue, green and red emitters for LEDs based on 3D, 2D, 0D and multiphase perovskites. The successful candidate will synthesize new materials and fabricate photoluminescent and electroluminescent devices. In addition, the researcher will perform advanced structural, optical and electrical characterisation of the films and devices, partly in collaboration with other PERSEPHONe partners.
Duration of contract: Full-time contract for 36 months
Documents required for application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of the latest degree/qualification
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation [optional]
The Marie Skłodowska-Curie programme offers highly competitive and attractive salaries. Gross and net amounts are subject to country-specific deductions as well as individual factors such as family allowance. This will be discussed in detail during the interview
- The applicant shall at the time of recruitment be in the first four years of his/her research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. (This time is measured from the date of award/diploma of the most recent taught degree, time spent for teaching is not considered)
- The applicant must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host institute for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not taken into account.
The applicant can be of any nationality
- The ESR will be affiliated to a doctoral program in one of the PERSEPHONe academic partners’ institution.
Candidate Profile: Candidates should have recently obtained a master's degree in chemistry, materials sciences or related engineering disciplines with outstanding grades.
- University degree in Chemistry or Material Science or related Engineering disciplines (Applicant cannot hold a PhD degree obtained previously)
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel in Europe, Asia and USA
EURAXESS offer ID: 648990
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.