ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Ostrava
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE07/07/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Ostrava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/08/2021
The Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Ostrava announces the selection procedure to fill non-academic position at the Department of Clinic Subjects
- Postdoc Research Fellow / Researcher – Hemato-oncology and Immunotherapy
- Strengthening the university´s scientific capacities II, OP VVV, reg. No CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_053/0017856
- 12-month duration, full-time, (NOTE: Possibility to extend the stay depending on additional successful funding)
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Ostrava, Department of Clinic Subjects
- Syllabova 19, 703 00 Ostrava - Vítkovice, Czech Republic
- Hemato-oncology and Immunotherapy
The Blood Cancer Research Group is a recently established young international team led by experienced scientists with many national and international collaborations. It provides an attractive opportunity to pursue a career in science. Our exciting research projects focus on molecular mechanisms of cancer resistance to therapy and novel approaches to treat hematologic malignancies harnessing the immune system's natural antitumor capacity. Our research benefits from a large biobank with access to unique patient samples and a new modern animal center. We employ the latest experimental approaches, including next-generation sequencing, CRISPR-Cas9 genome modification, mass spectrometry, non-invasive bioluminescence imaging in tumor mouse models and various molecular and cell biology techniques. Besides, we have collaboration with prestigious international centers and pharma companies. The details of the projects are available upon request.
Blood Cancer Research Group: www.bcrg.cz
University of Ostrava: http://www.osu.eu
RNDr. Michal Šimíček, PhD.: email@example.com
- The University of Ostrava invites application for post-doctoral position in hemato-oncology and cell-based cancer immunotherapy within the Blood Cancer Research Group. We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, proactive post-doc with previous lab experience and a deep interest in biomedical research. Background in Molecular biology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Animal handling, Microbiology, or Biochemistry is desired. Good command of the English language, including writing skills, is mandatory. She/He will be responsible for planning and performing biological experiments, analysis of results, presenting results at regular meetings, workshops, and conferences, supervise young scientists and technicians working on the project and contributing to publications.
- Gross monthly salary will be 65.000 - 75.000 CZK which is approx. 2.500 - 2.884 EUR (at the exchange rate of 26,00 CZK/EUR) based on experience and skills
We also offer:
- 5 sick days;
- 30 days off;
- meal vouchers;
- TEP – sport activities.
- Application deadline: 7th July 2021
- Position opening: position is available from 1st August 2021 or by agreement
The candidate will send the following documents to no later than 7th July 2021.
- Curriculum vitae in English (incl. description of international experiences)
- Brief motivation letter with two references
- List of publications
- Copy of the doctoral diploma
- Consent to data processing
The first round of the selection process will be carried out by assessing of the submitted documents. The applications will be evaluated continuously.
The successful candidates will be invited to the second round of the selection (in English, due to the situation of COVID-19 could be in the on-line form, e. g. Skype, etc.). The employer is entitled to cancel the tender without giving any reasons or not to select any of candidates.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Ph.D. in immunology, molecular/cell biology, cancer biology, or related fields received within last 7 years (the exact cut-off date depends on the start of the project)
- The researcher has been working for at least 2 years outside the Czech Republic during the last three years
- At least 2 publications in the last three years
EURAXESS offer ID: 648889
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.