ORGANISATION/COMPANYMaastricht University (UM)
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/07/2021 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Maastricht
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
Currently, large amounts of data are collected from diverse sources with complex and non-standard structures. This creates great opportunities for yet better decision making by using the heterogeneous data in various domains such as Industry 4.0 (e.g. smart manufacturing,), healthcare and agri-food. Data fusion is a promising approach for creating added value from this data. We are looking for a Postdoctoral researcher working in this context.
The post-doc is expected to work on the development of methods and techniques integrating those heterogeneous data as well as analyzing data with complex and non-standard structures. The test domain will be smart industry, where data originating from multiple systems and other sources including IoT can be transformed into information using data fusion and data science methods. The explicit scope of the post-doc position will be defined based on the preferences and experience of the selected candidate.
This project is part of a larger research initiative on information and data fusion and intelligent interaction between human and machine for joint decision making. The post-doc researcher will join the newly built team working in this domain. Moreover, this line of research is linked to research at DKE especially in the areas of machine learning and signal processing.
The successful candidate will:
1. Support the R&D activities of the department in data fusion and machine learning.
2. (Co-) author scientific, peer-reviewed papers, submitted to top conferences and journals in the field of data fusion and machine learning.
3. Provide support and/or manage funding acquisition activities and proposal writing (national and international, e.g. Horizon Europe).
4. Support the department in teaching activities.
The intended starting date of this position is September 1, 2021.
The salary will be set in scale 10 (between € 2.790 and € 4.402 gross per month) depending on education and relevant work experience. On top of this, there is an 8% holiday and an 8.3% year-end allowance. The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. Non-Dutch applicants could be eligible for a favorable tax treatment (30% rule).
Applicants are asked to send their application consisting of:
1. A motivation letter and a summary of major achievements, as well as programming/ research/ grant proposal preparation experience (total not exceeding 1.5-2 pages),
2. curriculum vitae,
3. publication list,
4. summary (max 1 page) of PhD dissertation,
5. the names and contact details of at least two persons who can provide recommendation letters.
(preferably in a single PDF document) via academic transfer.
Non-complete applications will not be considered in the selection procedure, as well as applications exceeding the allowed page limits.
Applications received by July 1, 2021 will receive full consideration. Applicants may be called in for an interview. We intend to fill this position as soon as possible.
Informal inquiries concerning this position can be directed to:
Prof.dr. Anna Wilbik, email@example.com
You can send your application to this e-mail: RecruitmentFSE@maastrichtuniversity.nl
Web site for additional job details
1. A PhD degree (already completed or to be completed shortly) in artificial intelligence, machine learning or a closely related field.
2. Solid interest in advances in data fusion and machine learning and AI and willingness to publish in top venues in the field, in collaboration with the rest of the team.
3. Excellent programming skills.
4. Excellent English language skills.
5. Very good presentation, communication and organization skills.
6. Interest in grant proposal preparation and coordination.
7. Team spirit.
EURAXESS offer ID: 647799
Posting organisation offer ID: 301287
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.