ORGANISATION/COMPANYSlovak University of Agriculture in Nitra
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/07/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovakia › Nitra
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
Rector of SUA opens a call for the research postdoctoral post.
Eligible applicants for the postdoctoral post are persons who have completed PhD. study at the university or research institution no later than five years before starting postdoctoral post.
Application deadline: 31/07/2021
Offer starting date: 01/09/2021 or negotiable
Employment contract: 1 year with the possibility of extension to 3 years
Applicants for this post must professionally profile themselves to the topic of the postdoctoral post:
Effect determination of load factors on the living conditions of horses
Links to research project:
The research plan will be solved within the VEGA project and the SMART project, with prof. Ing. Marko Halo, PhD. as responsible head of the project.
Topic leader: prof. Ing. Marko Halo, PhD.
Contact: Department of Animal Husbandry, Faculty of Agrobiology and Food Resources, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Tr. A. Hlinku 2, 949 76 Nitra, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Description and Objectives of the topic:
Presented topic will observe correctness of set load in the tested horses with the aim on the effect and adaptation of organism changes on different levels of load and subsequently, improvement of living conditions. In the research, we will analyse the effect of load factors on the internal environment in horses with focus on maintaining welfare. First step to intensify and improve the training process is the knowledge of physiological adaptation of individual horses. To achieve the set goal, we will analyse several markers closely related to the processes of stress hormone genesis, including adrenaline, norepinephrine, cortisol and proteins related to the endocrine response, inflammatory markers (including pro-inflammatory cytokines), markers of oxidative balance – antioxidant enzymes, endogenous antioxidants, markers of oxidative damage to cells (on cellular level).
Description of the professional content of the postdoctoral post:
Applicants for the postdoctoral post must have experience in the field of animal production. His/her professional focus must show major knowledge in the field of ethology, physiology of horse training and horse management.
- Methodical procedures of collection and processing of biological material obtained from horses,
- Determination and evaluation of biochemical parameters in the analysed samples,
- Creating new models for evaluating behavioural patterns,
- Ability to creatively identify and solve problems,
- Use observational data to improve models and implement alternative solutions,
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary research team,
- Publish articles in peer-reviewed journals.
Other requirements: good knowledge of English, knowledge of working with PC, moral integrity and good work ethic.
In the first round, selection committee appointed by the Rector will assess submitted applications in accordance with required conditions and documents defined in this call. Applicants who have not met defined requirements of this call do not advance to the second round.
The second round means interview in Slovak or English. Applicants will present their vision, research proposal and professional suitability with the post offered in the maximum 10-minute presentation. Presentation will be in the form of guided interview between the applicants and members of the selection committee.
Selection committee will determine the overall ranking of applicants. The final decision on selection process will be issued by the Rector of the University.
Application for the postdoctoral post includes the following documents submitted in Slovak or English:
- Written request to apply for this post
- Letter of motivation
- Project proposal
- CV emphasising scientific research activities relevant to the topic
- Basic scientometric indicators of the applicant (list of publications with emphasis on works indexed in WOS and SCOPUS and journal works, overview of citations, patent activity, transfer of knowledge into practice, studio/atelier activities)
- List of research grants/projects and brief description of the most significant results achieved
- List of completed internships (advantage)
- 1 letter of recommendation
- Other information, if any, illustrating the applicant's professional profile
- Certified copies of diplomas of the second and third degree studies (master and PhD.)
- Certified copy of an extract from the judicial record not older than 3 months
How to apply:
Send your application by mail to
Reference number: UP-2021-48
Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra
Human Resources Unit
Tr. A. Hlinku 2
949 76 Nitra
Additional admin info: email@example.com
Additional research info: firstname.lastname@example.org
EURAXESS offer ID: 647650
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.