ORGANISATION/COMPANYRiga Technical University
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/06/2021 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONLatvia › Riga
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
Open competition for the recruitment of doctoral students and scientific degree applicants at Riga Technical University Nr. 2021/5
Riga Technical University announces the selection of doctoral candidates / scientific degree candidates for the position of assistant in teaching in the study direction “Chemistry, Chemical Technologies and Biotechnology” in the science sector “Chemistry”, in accordance with the Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 25 from January 9, 2018 “Operational Programs Growth and Jobs” 8.2.2. Specific Support Objective “To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in Strategic Specialization Areas”, European Social Fund Project “Strengthening of Academic Staff of Riga Technical University in Strategic Specialization Areas” Nr. 126.96.36.199/18/A/017.
Wage range: from 217 up to 1000 Euro for 0.5 load.
Candidate Requirements and Selection Criteria:
1. PhD student of an accredited PhD study program or candidate for a scientific degree (hereinafter jointly referred to as - Doctoral student) who has not and has not been elected as a lecturer or assistant in study work;
2. The doctoral student plans to submit it for public defence of the doctoral thesis and obtain the first doctoral scientific degree by 30 November 2022;
3. Have successfully passed the tests prescribed in the PhD study program plan for the relevant semester and study year;
4. Interest in study work and readiness to contribute to the development of the study direction;
5. Positive reference of the PhD student on the PhD student as a potential lecturer;
6. Participation in an international scientific conference with presentation / report;
7. Publication of at least one scientific article in an international edition is desirable;
8. Participation in the implementation of scientific projects is desirable;
9. Desirable English language skills at B2 level.
Documents to be submitted:
- Application for Doctoral Student Selection (appended);
- Schedule of the research carried out and time schedule of planned research (in quarters; Annex 1.1);
- Extract from the Pre-Defence Protocol (if applicable);
- Statement on studies in doctoral study program, if Doctoral student acquires doctoral studies outside RTU;
- Curriculum vitae (CV) of the doctoral student using the Europass form (Guidelines for CV preparation - Annex 2, Guidelines for self-assessment of English language skills - Annex 3);
- Application to the Rector of RTU for applying for the vacancy (form - Annex 4);
- Doctoral thesis supervisor's recommendation / feedback on doctoral student as potential lecturer;
- Letter of motivation (in free form).
Application for Selection (Annex 1) and its annexes may be submitted signed with a secure electronic signature containing a time stamp by sending an electronic document to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or in person on a paper-bound folder in RTU staff department, Riga, Kaļķu Street 1-213.
Application deadline: 15th of June, 2021.
We're committed to inclusion in the workplace, and make our hiring decisions based solely on achievements, qualifications, competence and work experience.
When applying for a competition, the candidate agrees to the processing of his personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/95 / EC / 46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and for storage at the Riga Technical University Personnel Department. Without the consent of the candidate, personal data will not be transferred to third parties, except in the cases specified in the laws and regulations in force in the Republic of Latvia.
- Analysis of photochromic inorganic nanomaterials as well as their composites, result interpretation and reporting within a bachelor or masters level study course;
- Summarizing the information related to research related work reports and results, presenting the findings within a bachelor or masters level study course;
- Supervise bachelor thesis of students of academic studies programs “Materials Science”, “Chemical Technology” and “Chemistry”;
- Prepare publications for submission.
- According to the work plan and no later than November 30th 2022, defend his/her doctoral thesis.
EURAXESS offer ID: 647593
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.