ORGANISATION/COMPANYDanube University Krems
RESEARCH FIELDArchitectureArtsCultural studiesOther
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/06/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Krems an der Donau
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38,5
Danube University Krems
Danube University Krems is Europe's leading university for continuing education. As the only public university for continuing education in the German-speaking area it specialises in upskilling programmes for working persons and, in teaching and research, is engaged in tackling current and future social challenges. Currently around 8,000 students from more than 80 countries are enrolled in Master's studies and brief programmes offered parallel to employment.
To strengthen our team at the Faculty of Education, Arts and Architecture/Department for Arts and Cultural Studies we are looking for an
Research fellow (m/f/d)
Advertisement No. SB21-0090
- Preservation-related and restoration-related handling of selected collection items with a focus on the groups of paper, graphic arts, photography and archive materials of the Collections of the State of Lower Austria
- Developing of preservation and restoration concepts in agreement with the management and practical implementation of the same
- Maintenance measures including development and implementation of measures for a sustainable improvement of preservation-based storage conditions
- Preparing findings, reports and documentations on all preservation and restoration measures in the collection database and contributing to the academic development of the collections and maintenance of the database
- Participation in research projects and academic/scientific publication work
- University degree (master's or diploma) in the field of preservation and restoration sciences
- In-depth knowledge of and practical experience in (internships, previous jobs) the preservation and restoration of objects made of paper, of graphics and photography
- Experience in planning, implementation and documentation of restoration projects
- Profound knowledge of current research projects, developments and academic debates in this field (publications, conventions, etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken German (minimum C1) and good English (minimum B2) language skills
- Autonomous work approach
- Team spirit, flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- A full-time position (38.5 hours per week - flexible working hours) for a limited term until 31 August 2023 and a minimum gross monthly salary of EUR 2,918.71 (job group W3/1 according to the Work and Remuneration Regulations)
- An innovative and modern working environment at Campus Krems
- Excellent opportunities of continuing education with the University's own programmes, a comprehensive offer of health promotion and Campus Sport; the University's own child care facility "Campus Kids"
- Good transport links – Campus shuttle bus from the railway station
We are looking forward to receiving applications from persons with disabilities who meet the required profile. Danube University Krems sees a high innovation potential in the diversity of its employees and has declared diversity to be a leading principle.
Please send us your convincing online application via our online tool by 11 July 2021: https://www.donau-uni.ac.at/jobs
EURAXESS offer ID: 645960
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.