ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Tartu
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/07/2021 18:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducting research in the field of Information Systems.
- Preparing and implementing research projects under the supervision of senior staff.
- Supervising master's and doctoral students.
- Publishing in high-impact scientific journals and participating in highly ranked scientific conferences.
- Assisting in teaching activities on the need arising.
- Participation in the work of the university’s decision-making bodies is recommended.
- The Research Fellow will participate in the Horizon 2020 Innovation Action project "Pilots for Healthy and Active Ageing” (Pharaon), where she or he will be responsible for meeting the user and technical requirements that have been defined in the project. The Research Fellow is expected to further develop the relevant methods and techniques. As the project is dealing with older adults, explicit attention should be paid to satisfying emotional (affective) user requirements, in addition to functional and non-functional user requirements.
See also job description.
PhD or an equivalent qualification.
- Internationally recognised professional research (in the area of requirements engineering or in a related area), the volume of which is equivalent to that of at least one doctoral thesis.
- Experience in interdisciplinary research work.
- Experience in the supervision of master’s and doctoral students is recommended.
Required language skills
Excellent command of English. Knowledge of Estonian is an advantage.
Starting at 01.09.2021, temporary contract to 31.05.2024.
Salary: Starting from 2500 euros (gross) per month depending on the candidate’s qualifications and work experience. The total annual payroll starts from 40 000 euros, which includes employer taxes.
See also UT salary rules.
It is a postdoctoral position.
The starting date of the position can be negotiated.
This position is funded by the Horizon 2020 Innovation Action "Pilots for Healthy and Active Ageing”.
Further information can be provided by Associate Professor Kuldar Taveter, email@example.com.
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must submit to the UT Human Resources Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; employees of the UT should submit their documents via intranet) following documents:
- a letter of application to the Rector,
- a curriculum vitae in the established format,
- a list of research publications (if necessary, enclosing copies or offprints of more important publications),
- a copy of a document (including its annexes) which shows the candidate to hold the required qualification (with authorized translation into Estonian, English or Russian if the credential is not in Estonian, English, Russian, Finnish, Swedish, French, Italian, Ukrainian and Belarussian languages). A candidate can be required to submit the original or a certified copy of the document (including its annexes) showing the candidate to hold the required qualification. If the candidate has acquired the higher education in question abroad, he or she may be required to submit an assessment issued by the Academic Recognition Information Centre (the Estonian ENIC/NARIC) of his or her qualification in respect of the qualification requirements for the position;
- other materials considered relevant by the candidate (a list of such materials must be included in the application or annexed to it).
Number of copies: 1
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 645747
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.