ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDEnvironmental science › Earth science
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE08/06/2021 15:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPoland › Sopot
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2021
Our announcement is aimed at a person who will conduct and coordinate research on biochemical processes in the marine environment in the field of isolation, identification of biologically active compounds and determination of their activity, as well as in the field of ecotoxicology with the use of biotests on algae and cyanobacteria.
Tasks of a person employed:
- planning and coordination of scientific and research activities in the laboratory
- improving the methodologies used in the team,
- care for publishing research results and achievements in specialized journals in the Journal Citation Report (JCR) database,
- active search for new forms of research funding in the form of research grants
- PhD students' supervising,
- presenting research results at international and national conferences.
- Application for employment
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Copy of the diploma
- List of scientific achievements
- List of publications
- Completed personal questionnaire
- Declaration of familiarization with the service on the processing of personal data*
Please include signed document with the following consent clause:
(place and date)
(Applicant's name and surname)
DECLARATION ON BEING INFORMED ABOUT THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
I hereby declare that I have read the following information on processing of my personal data in the recruitment process, provided by the Institute of Oceanology Polish Institute of Science in accordance with Article 13 RODO.
signature of the declarant
1) the Institute is the controller of the personal data of a person participating in the recruitment process,
2) contact details of the controller: registered office at PowstancowWarszawy 55 str.,81-712 Sopot,(+48 58) 73 11 600, fax:(+48 58)
551 21 30;e-mail: email@example.com,
3) contact with Data Protection Officer at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
4) the controller collects and processes personal data in the recruitment process for the following purposes:
a) for the purpose of recruitment of the candidate with whom the employment contract will be concluded - pursuant to Article 6(1)(b) and
(c) of the RODO and Article 221(1) and (2) of the Labour Code,
b) to defend against claims related to the ongoing recruitment process-pursuant to Article 6(1)(f) of the RODO,
5) in the case of processing personal data to a greater extent than that resulting from the regulations of law, the processing of such data by the controller shall be carried out on the basis of a separate consent-pursuant to Article 6(1)(a) of the RODO,
6) personal data will be processed for the period necessary to achieve the purposes indicated in point4,
7) personal data of persons participating in the recruitment process will be processed on behalf of the controller by authorized employees,
8) personal data of person participating in the recruitment process may be made available to other entities authorised to obtain data on the basis of legal regulations,
9) the person participating in the recruitment process, has the following rights: to gain access to the content of his/her personal data, to rectify and to complete personal data, to demand that the processing of personal data be restricted and, if it’s possible under the regulations of the RODO, the right to delete personal data, the right to transfer data and the right to object to processing of personal data.
10) if any data is processed by the Institute on the basis of consent the person participating in the recruitment shall have the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of consent prior to its withdrawal,
11) a person participating in the recruitment shall have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of
12) the obligation to provide personal data resulting from regulations of law is a statutory requirement, in the remaining scope is voluntary,
13) no automated decision will be taken with regard to your personal data.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- academic title: professor of Earth Sciences or Exact and Natural Sciences
- experience in conducting research in the field of biochemical processes in the marine environment, in particular in the search for biologically active compounds (secondary metabolites, peptides, pigments, siderophores- natural iron chelators) in various components of the marine environment and in the field of ecotoxicology with special focus on the impact of abiotic stress, inter alia, pharmaceutical residues effects on physiological processes of phytoplankton organisms,
- scientific achievements documented by scientific publications in accordance with the above-mentioned subject of planned research, i.e. (in journals in the Journal Citation Report (JCR) database),
- experience in managing and implementing scientific and research projects (minimum 8 years),
- experience in managing research teams,
- experience and effects in didactic work, supervising doctoral students, promoted doctors, participation in doctoral committees and habilitation and professor proceedings,
- activity for the benefit of the scientific community - membership in international and national scientific committees and societies, participation in editorial boards of specialized scientific journals, participation in doctoral and habilitation committees
- very good knowledge of Polish and English, spoken and written,
- experience in presenting scientific results at foreign and domestic conferences.
- involvement in popular science activities,
- experience in reporting research tasks,
- experience in organizing scientific conferences.
EURAXESS offer ID: 644802
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.