ORGANISATION/COMPANYSabancı University Nanotechnology Reesarch and Application Center
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineeringChemistryEngineeringTechnology › Biotechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/07/2021 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONTurkey › ISTANBUL
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK45
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
SUNUM a world-class Nanotechnology Research and Application Centre, housing high-calibre researchers and infrastructure for multidisciplinary and cross-disciplinary Nanotechnology R&D studies, offering global nano-technological solutions to societal challenges, creating socio-economic added-value through commercialisation of research results.
SUNUM is looking for Senior Principal Researchers from any country to complement and strengthen its existing Research Faculty. Three open full time positions in the following research specializations are currently announced and will be processed separately:
- Polymer chemistry, nano structure synthesis, functionalization and catalysis,
- Plant biotechnology, tissue culture, agricultural genomics and genetic breeding applications,
- Bioprocess engineering and bio-production technologies for nano-remediation, food and environmental applications, bio-economy and green nanotechnology.
The candidates will be expected to undertake research activities in their field of specialization in alignment with the Research Strategy of SUNUM and to participate in outreach/collaborative activities. SUNUM offers competitive salaries, fringe benefits including medical insurance, retirement and housing subsidies, which are among the best in Turkey. Salary and position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Qualified candidates from all nationalities are invited to apply with a curriculum vitae and a letter of intent describing of research interests / goals and how these may overlap with the research objectives of SUNUM to email@example.com. The title of the mail should be "Senior Principal Researcher".
Candidates should prove /demonstrate:
- At least 10 years of post-doctoral experience preferably in industrial R&D,
- Success at initiating and sustaining external partnerships (either with industry partners, government, and/or professional bodies or community networks) and provide evidence of university-corporate collaboration experience.
- Excellence in research and a solid background in the area of specialization, a research pipeline of international quality and a track record in securing external research income, demonstrating capability for independent research.
Preference will be given to candidates who have; industrial experience intra and inter-disciplinary connectivity and collaboration network and entrepreneurial approaches.
EURAXESS offer ID: 643939
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.