ORGANISATION/COMPANYCopenhagen Business School
RESEARCH FIELDManagement sciencesPhilosophyPolitical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/06/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONDenmark › Copenhagen
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for an Associate Professorship in Business Ethics and Sustainability at the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy (MPP).
The department wishes to strengthen theoretically and empirically informed research into ethical dimensions of organisations and sustainability issues. We especially welcome applications from candidates whose work is interdisciplinary and who are interested in combining discussions of philosophical frameworks with investigations of practical application in the context of exploring transformational potential for business, society and scholarship.
Examples of research areas that the Associate Professor might cover:
- Business ethics as practice and processes in which values translate into business decisions and management and into the creation of opportunities for business relationships
- Frameworks for business ethics and governance structures including e.g. moral agency and responsibility in business, ethics of care, stakeholder theory and sustainability approaches
- Leadership and management in the contexts of environmental, equality, diversity and inclusion challenges
- Ethics and Sustainability in the service sector in a changing global environment
- Understanding societal cohesion as a finite resource, a renewable resource or a renewable resource replenished at a finite rate
- Understanding the competing moral and legal obligations of multinational firms to numerous stakeholders when dealing with different social norms, different religions or different legal codes in different regions and jurisdictions
MPP is a core part of CBS, and its largest and most diverse Department, dedicated to critical and cutting-edge research in the humanities and social sciences with a focus on the study of the human in society. Our fields of study and backgrounds are diverse. They are from within disciplines, between disciplines and across disciplines but maintain this central concern with the condition of humans as individuals and collectives, and with forms of social and economic organization and juridical-political regulation. While closely collaborating with many of our sister Departments, MPP is distinguished by the diversity of the perspectives and approaches we offer and our desire to mobilize the most advanced state of theoretically-informed knowledge in humanities and social sciences. We are concerned to use our backgrounds to rethink the fundamentals of business school education and to establish the basis of lifelong learning in business and social organizations. We critically ground our approach in the wider CBS strategy by taking a problematizing and self-reflexive approach to the transformations of society, of business, and of the human subject.
MPP is organised into five research groups: CBS LAW, Business History, Management and Entrepreneurship, Management Philosophy, and Public and Political Management (known locally as Law, History, Management, Philosophy and Politics), which exercise not only a relative autonomy but also benefit from collaboration and cross-fertilization.
The Department is committed to research-based education and to bring this understanding into play in society in a constructive, engaged, and value-generating manner. A key focus of MPP is to publish its research with highly ranked academic journals and book publishers across a broad spectrum of areas, reflecting the Department’s multidisciplinary character. Across the Department, there is a keen interest in developing transformative forms of teaching and learning in collaboration with CBS faculty, international researchers, students and partner organizations, including The Royal Academy. MPP’s researchers teach in a wide range of CBS programs that cover Bachelor, Master, and PhD levels as well as executive programs.
The position is located in the Management and Entrepreneurship Group.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs including in the BSc in Business Administration and Service Management
- Individual and group-based research meeting the highest international standards
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular
- Promoting CBS’s public and academic reputation
- Initiating fund-raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The Associate Professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the Department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position. This, among other things, implies strategic development of a research field, providing leadership and guidance of junior staff and systematically engagement with and the securing of external funding.
Advanced degree in an appropriate field
Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please consult http://www.cbs.dk/files/cbs.dk/guidelines_for_teaching_portfolios.pdf
Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals
Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Experience with fieldwork and research project management in different cultural and regional settings
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
Information about the Department may be found at www.cbs.dk/mpp.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration).
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
Deadline: 23. juni 2021.
EURAXESS offer ID: 643072
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.