ORGANISATION/COMPANYIrsiCaixa AIDS Research Institute
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/06/2021 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Badalona
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2021
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Our institute is looking for a highly motivated candidate to join and perform transversal data management support of ongoing projects.
- Implement and maintain the research data of the institute.
- Deploy, create documentation and maintain solutions to manage scientific data according to requirements specific in research data management plans.
- Support IrsiCaixa researchers to ensure the appropriate implementation of standards and methodologies for data management.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESSPANISH: Excellent
- Deep understanding of Biomedical Data lifecycle and FAIR principles.
- Good understanding of biomedical data acquisition technologies (flow cytometry, high throughput sequencing and other omics)
- Good understanding of network and system administration.
- Experience on the use of general (zenodo…) and data-specific biomedical data repositories (ENA, NCBI).
- Excellent knowledge of Big Data management functions and solutions for data transfer, storage, analysis, distribution, exploration… (Galaxy, AWS, GCP).
- Proven experience in working with large datasets and SQL databases, data lakes, metadata management.
- Proven experience in UNIX/LINUX environments and scripting languages.
- Excellent computing skills in languages (R/Python), version control systems (git, cvn) and basic web development.
- Maintaining detailed documentation of experimental work and data management SOP.
- Maintaining close communications with researchers regarding progress.
- Candidates must be highly motivated and independent, with the ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Valuable previous experience with life science data.
- Good organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to perform as a team member and good interpersonal skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Academic certificate corresponding to the degree (Degree, Master, Bachelor)
- Curriculum vitae
- Recommendation letters
EURAXESS offer ID: 642644
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.