ORGANISATION/COMPANYRiga Technical University
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceOther
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/06/2021 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONLatvia › Riga
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
Open competition for recruitment foreign academic staff within the European Social Fund project “„Development of the Academic Personnel of Riga Technical University" No. 18.104.22.168/18/A/017
Promoting the Employment of Foreign Academic Staff at Riga Technical University
1 position of guest Assoc. professor at the Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications, study field “Information Technology, Computer Technology, Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Management, and Computer Science” in the field of Science of Electrical engineering, electronics, information and communications technology Specialization in “Nanophotonics and metamaterials in telecommunications”.
Wage range 1500 to 2000 Euro for 0.5 load
Requirements and selection criteria for the beneficiaries:
- persons who have been employed in the academic position of any accredited foreign higher education institution during the previous five years;
- persons who hold a doctorate in the relevant field of science or study doctorate;
- persons who can lead lectures in the study course “Nanophotonics and metamaterials in telecommunications”;
- persons who have the appropriate level of English language skills and knowledge in an international environment (have experience in participating in mobility activities).
When applying for the ESF funding, the following documents are required:
An application addressed to the Rector, a CV (in the form of a Europass containing the most important publications), a document confirming employment in an accredited foreign higher education institution's academic position, as well as an attestation of the accreditation of that institution. The assessment of pedagogical skills requires an open lecture that can be organized both in person and in video format, student feedback. Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: June 19, 2021.
Employment is for 6 months.
We're committed to inclusion in the workplace, and make our hiring decisions based solely on achievements, qualifications, competence and work experience.
When applying for a competition, the candidate agrees to the processing of his personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95 / 46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and for storage at the Riga Technical University Personnel Department. Without the consent of the candidate, personal data will not be transferred to third parties, except in the cases specified in the laws and regulations in force in the Republic of Latvia.
- to prepare a description of the study course “Nanophotonics and metamaterials in telecommunications”;
- to prepare presentations in study course “Nanophotonics and metamaterials in telecommunications”;
- to lead seminars in the study course “Nanophotonics and metamaterials in telecommunications”;
- to develop the descriptions of mathematical modeling works in the study course “Nanophotonics and metamaterials in telecommunications”;
- to supervise/consult doctoral students in the development of doctoral theses in the specialization “Nanophotonics and metamaterials in telecommunications”.
EURAXESS offer ID: 642587
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.