ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Pompeu Fabra - ETIC
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/06/2021 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
- UPF-GTI (https://www.upf.edu/web/gti), a research and innovation group within the School of Engineering and the Information Communication Technologies Department (https://www.upf.edu/web/etic) of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, is looking for a recent engineering graduate, to support UPF-GTI research, development, and innovation tasks within the European SignON project (https://signon-project.eu/), which is a Research and Innovation Action partially funded by the Horizon 2020 program of the EU.
- The project is a user-centric and community-driven project that aims to facilitate the exchange of information among deaf and hard of hearing, and hearing individuals across Europe.
- UPF-GTI aim at providing the animated virtual signer in the different Sign Languages (SLs) of the project through different tasks, from interactive capturing and editing signs, through translation of SL into on-the-fly animations, improving rendering or user-centric modelling. Different ingredients of the job are Computer Graphics, especially interactive web based 3D graphics, Machine Learning, procedural CG, virtual signers, or graph programming.
- The European SignON project (https://signon-project.eu/) is a Research and Innovation Action partially funded by the Horizon 2020 program of the EU. The project is a user-centric and community-driven project that aims to facilitate the exchange of information among deaf and hard of hearing, and hearing individuals across Europe.
- The job should contribute to the research, development and innovation tasks for providing an animated virtual signer in the different Sign Languages of the project, from interactive capturing and editing signs, through translation of SL into on-the-fly animations, improving rendering or user-centric modelling, that are led and carried out by UPF-GTI (https://www.upf.edu/web/gti).
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- For the specific approaches it will be advantageous to have previous experience with Machine Learning, procedural CG or virtual signers.
- Experience with enlarging and enriching the WebGLStudio (https://webglstudio.org/) editor and development environment, or similar tools, especially with graph programming is very important for a quick integration within the tasks of the project and re-using existing UPF-GTI developments.
- Additionally, social motivation is key in this project because of its strong user centric approach. UPF-GTI is looking for candidates that can join the project immediately and become part of it, contributing with productive results in the very short term, without discarding candidates which might join later, if they can contribute with specific expertise in virtual signers.
EURAXESS offer ID: 642579
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.