ORGANISATION/COMPANYResearch Studios Austria Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
RESEARCH FIELDInformation science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/06/2021 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Wien
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK38,5
At Research Studios Austria Forschungsgesellschaft - RSA FG we work to bring innovations in the field of digital intelligence from Austria's universities to the market. We are looking for colleagues who can successfully implement research services for companies and society.
The Research Studio Data Science (DSc) develops new methods and applications for the use of large amounts of data. For our applied research work we are looking for a full-time team member with excellent career prospects:
Data Scientist – Junior or Senior Level (f/m)
You have successfully completed a PhD in computer science or statistics and want to gain a scientific profile in your field. Due to the funding conditions in our research, a strong preference is given to female researchers.
Your field of activity:
- Working in EU, national and commercial research projects of the Research Studio Data Science.
- Independently and collaboratively designing data science experiments with un- & structured data.
- Developing and evaluating software prototypes of innovative applications.
- Training and testing hypotheses, principles and models, including AI/ML models.
- Co/authoring research papers, reports and funding bids.
- Presenting y/our research at conferences, workshops and public events.
You also have in-depth knowledge and experience in:
- Theoretical foundation /practical experience with two of the following: data analysis/statistics, machine learning, natural language processing, information retrieval, recommender systems
- Understanding of the research lifecycle
- Programming / prototyping skills in Java and/or Python. Other programming languages are a bonus.
- Ability to process, clean and harmonise large datasets, test and optimise software solutions.
- Experience of working with and querying databases, code sharing, issue tracking (JIRA, GIT).
Your personal abilities and qualities:
- Understanding of project aims and specific tasks, reporting and communicating in English.
- Ability to proactively seek solutions to complex problems without needing to be micromanaged
- Ability to do science systematically, with integrity and to follow good practices of reproducible research and open science
- Team player able to work to challenging targets
- Knowledge of German or willingness to learn
- Working in a Linux environment (deployment, essential scripting, configuration, logging, etc.).
- Experience with processing large datasets (e.g. Pig, Hive, Hadoop, Spark)
At the 1090, Thurngasse location near the University of Vienna there are three RSA FG research studios that offer you an interdisciplinary work environment. You work in a friendly atmosphere and in a team of young, committed researchers at the intersection between academic work and innovative market implementation.
Remuneration according to qualifications and willingness to perform begins with a gross monthly salary of € 3000 to 3800. In addition, you will be offered performance-based additional payments.
Please send applications including cover letter, motivation, curriculum vitae and certificates to our Chief Researcher of the RSA FG by email via firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
Research Studios Austria Forschungsgesllschaft mbH
Research Studios Austria FG
Dr. Petr Knoth, Research Studio Data Science
EURAXESS offer ID: 642499
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.